Your choice of defence post apocalypse?

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

Re: Your choice of defence post apocalypse?

#31 Post by meles meles »

Oh no, not the Acme Zombinator....
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Dougan

#32 Post by Dougan »

Assuming on foot; then wherever in the world a .44 magnum revolver as back-up - Then for most things, an AR15...then maybe an M75 (also in .223) squared away in the pack for longer range.

I like the Idea of katanas and bows, but have to think about cleaning all that infected blood of them....

...Claymores are a very good idea though :twisted:

By the way; .22lr is no good for zzzzom .....if mobbed, you need each one to go down after 1 or 2 shots, not 10...
HALODIN

#33 Post by HALODIN »

Assuming the mower had run out of petrol I'd surround my deckchair and beer with 3 of these.

Dellboy
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#34 Post by Dellboy »

22 RUGER 10/22 5 25 ROUND MAGS (easy to carry)with hollow points to prevent infected bullet carrying
22 Buckmark pistol (and a hacksaw)
38 underleaver marlin (pre remington) short 10 rounder
38 lbp and a hacksaw
12 bore pump with birdshot (door opener)and No 4's

all reliable and common, common calibre zombie stoppers
more importantly all but one in my cupboard ...
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

raybrown53

#35 Post by raybrown53 »

Depending on the circumstance, my Sig 522, No4 (with pig sticker), Saiga AK or my R93. When the ammo runs out my Hoyt Recurve or a crossbow. When the arrows and bolts run out, mail, a helm, a war axe & a sword. A quick prayer to Thor and the all father and into the shield wall.....
BaconButty

#36 Post by BaconButty »

raybrown53 wrote:Depending on the circumstance, my Sig 522, No4 (with pig sticker), Saiga AK or my R93. When the ammo runs out my Hoyt Recurve or a crossbow. When the arrows and bolts run out, mail, a helm, a war axe & a sword. A quick prayer to Thor and the all father and into the shield wall.....
signfunnypost
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#37 Post by Blackstuff »

Dougan wrote: By the way; .22lr is no good for zzzzom .....if mobbed, you need each one to go down after 1 or 2 shots, not 10...
You need to practice more! :55: :lol:
DVC
froggy

#38 Post by froggy »

Salut

In regard to Scotsgun reply that handguns are a waste of time and lack punch and range, I beg to differ.

100% agree.
Official studies of casualties inflicted by light calibre in Vietnam has demonstrated that the vast majorities of killed GI had either a malfunctioning or empty primary weapon. This shows that practicing speed reload but also transition from primary to secondary weapons will probably save your skin when those zombies will be running towards you ... ;)
Dougan

#39 Post by Dougan »

Blackstuff wrote:
Dougan wrote: By the way; .22lr is no good for zzzzom .....if mobbed, you need each one to go down after 1 or 2 shots, not 10...
You need to practice more! :55: :lol:
:lol:

...slightly politer than anticipated razz
Dougan

#40 Post by Dougan »

It did cross my mind while loading a couple of hundred .357s for my Marlin yesterday that I already have a half decent Zombie-gun...

...could stock up on powder and primers...then kidnap Dodgyrog to carry it all and make the bullets :twisted: