New .22 lbp

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Bill VAS

Re: New .22 lbp

#31 Post by Bill VAS »

The build quality on these is excellent. Much much better than the 1911's available to us in the UK. As much as I like my GSG 1911's this gun is streets ahead in regards quality of materials.

Accuracy wise Ive only shot mine at 10mtr so far but firing quick double taps its destroying a 3" shoot n c disc. At the same distance taking my time, but still firing reasonably quickly its putting all makes of ammo into a 1" hole. Ive still to try precision shooting and at 25mtr but I'll do that this week and let you know how I get on.

As for the fake can, I'll measure one later this week. The thread is on the muzzle (just out of picture). I know its not 1/2" UNF as I tries a normal moderator just to check. I'll contact the importer and see if he can tell me the thread size. There is a fully suppressed version coming out, which has, I understand, a drilled barrel so the overall length is not increased as the gas vents into the can via the holes. Ive not seen or rather heard one yet but I hope to soon.
Bill VAS

#32 Post by Bill VAS »

I should have added the trigger pull on the competition trigger is excellent. Its not quite as good or as light as on my Steyr air pistol but is very usable. Its well worth having this done at the time of order and for £25 its a very cheap addition to the pistols spec and worth it.
shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#33 Post by shugie »

Are the prices as per the website?
Careful now/that sort of thing
seanw

#34 Post by seanw »

Thanks bill for you reply, i cant wait to pickup mine next month. i meant to ask whether you went for the whisper or standard model, as i believe there were concerns that the moderated barrel was a lot more picky in regards to ammo and consistence to cycle etc, i be interested in hearing from your experience, as i originally was going to order the whisper .

regards
Bill VAS

#35 Post by Bill VAS »

Mine is a standard. Personally I didnt really want the Whisper as it permanently alters the gun ie it has holes drilled in the barrel. While the whisper does away with the need for a specific slot on your FAC for a moderator due to the fact it cant be shot without it (as I understand) Id rather wait till the reflex mod is available and just get permission for a moderator. Your also correct to say there have been some issues getting it to function with certain ammo makes but this is being resolved as I type.

Hopefully I'll be at the range tonight and can try for some longer range accuracy. I'll let you know how I get on.
Buzz Shitegear

#36 Post by Buzz Shitegear »

Sean, unless you really need the suppressed version - stick to either the K22 or K22 xtrim.
Getting the Whisper is an additional £50, extra weight out front and yes if using subsonic, you have to pick your brands. All that cleaning afterwards!
I'm working on a 'reflex' can, this will give a useful reduction in report and still allow all brands of subsonics to be fired.
phaedra1106

#37 Post by phaedra1106 »

Buzz s*** wrote:I'm working on a 'reflex' can, this will give a useful reduction in report and still allow all brands of subsonics to be fired.
I take it from this and your post in the "Welcome New Members" section that you're Scott of Caledonian Classic Arms?

In which case can you give any time scale for the release of the "trigger release" VZ58 or what calibres it will be available in? (300aac Blackout would be very nice!) :good:
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Buzz Shitegear

#38 Post by Buzz Shitegear »

There is a VZ58 thread on the forum and a fair bit of chat there. Ill cut and past this to avoid hijacking this thread.
Its early days. I havn't posted enough to PM but may be able to send you some pics, video etc. in a couple of weeks if your interested.
I'm afraid I cant be sure about the date when they will be offered for sale. NOT before there is full agreement from forensics, government and as least a bit of supporting paperwork to send to licensing departments to assure and help them understand. They paperwork and officials can not be rushed.
Initial calibres offered will be .222 ,.223, 7.62x39 as these are effective, popular and all the porting work is done.
It is possible to chamber in any of the derived calibres, the list is long and there would have to be demand but best chances are 6.5Gr and 300AAC will be offered. Work is being done on a barrel change system at the moment.
.50 Beowulf anyone?
shotgun sam

#39 Post by shotgun sam »

I was up at the gun club last night and one of the other members that bought a pistol from Bill was there with His new toy (k22).
It looks better than the 1911 style models that I have seen and watching Davy use it the magazine and slide release mechanisms look as though the design has been well thought out for easy use by the shooter.
There were a few other members in that shoot long barrel revolvers and black powder pistols looking on, all of which said they were impressed at how it performed.

Sam
mossberg 500
meteor mk2
smk 19 (0.22)
ruger 12/22 stainless synthetic 22lr
cz 452 style 16 inch 22lr
tikka t3 lite stainless 223
308 howa 1500 varmint
BSA Lightning XL (0.22)
Lanber Over and Under
Baikal mp153
AYA Cosmos 410