Glock British Army

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

SevenSixTwo

Re: Glock British Army

#31 Post by SevenSixTwo »

ordnance wrote:Stuffing a made-ready Glock in your pocket is one sure way to shoot yourself. No safety to take of is one of the reasons so many people shoot themselves with them.
Fixed that for you.
rufrdr

#32 Post by rufrdr »

I'm not fond of polymer frame handguns but the full size Glock is amazingly easy to shoot accurately. It is a real point and shoot item, not a lot of thought has to go into managing the trigger. My older boy's federal agency that he works for is adopting the glock and ditching their steel frame SIG P228s. I like the SIG a lot but the Glock is easier to shoot quickly and accurately. I was on the range with him and his issue sidearm. An LAPD tactical officer was also on the range with a Glock 9mm and between the two we all liked the Glock much better.

"Everybody dies...the thing is, to die well"

Jack Harper
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#33 Post by DaveB »

My wife has a Glock 17 and while it works just fine, I still prefer my CZ 75 - 20+ years old (well most of it - the springs have been replaced a couple of times) and still going strong.
rufrdr

#34 Post by rufrdr »

I like my Colt 1911 the best but the Glock isn't bad for a tupperware pistol.

"Everybody dies...the thing is, to die well"

Jack Harper
ordnance

#35 Post by ordnance »

Glock 9mm and between the two we all liked the Glock much better.
They are not popular here among civilian shooters who have a choice of what handgun they want. The CZ75 SPO1 would be the most popular handgun, you see few Glocks on the range. If you check the site bellow you will see plenty for sale, but they are hard to shift.

gundeal.co.uk: Buy and Sell Guns & Accessories Online
www.gundeal.co.uk/
BamBam

#36 Post by BamBam »

I use a Glock 17 in the states, previously owned a Glock 23 for about 12 years. They might not be the best, but they're what I know best.
Would prefer a Glock 34 or even better a 17L.
Lex

#37 Post by Lex »

I've shot a Glock 17 in competitions for 7 years and sometimes still regret switching to CZ SP-01 Shadow - it's a perfect example of a point-and-shoot pistol.
somerset shooter

#38 Post by somerset shooter »

I've just put in a section 7.3 variation for a Steyr M9A1, 1 of 20 that were supplied for the MOD pistol trials of 2012. fingerscrossed
Blu

#39 Post by Blu »

I'm not a great Glock fan either, my wife has a Glock 21 though and she loves it. My Ruger P345 has never let me down, never had a jam or a fail to fire.
BamBam

#40 Post by BamBam »

somerset shooter wrote:I've just put in a section 7.3 variation for a Steyr M9A1, 1 of 20 that were supplied for the MOD pistol trials of 2012. fingerscrossed
A good pistol if you can get on with the triangular front sight.