My L1A1 SLR UK straightpull

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

dirtbag

Re: My L1A1 SLR UK straightpull

#31 Post by dirtbag »

MikMak wrote:I can reccomend the GGG 7.62 ammo that they sell at Bisley, it shoots rather well, its cheap and goes well thrugh the L1A1
Its made in Lithuania and holds good accuracy out to 300 yds.

Enjoy your new toy it certainly looks the business party2

Cheers
Mik
+1 I use that 500 rounds now and not ONE failed extract
PaulR

#32 Post by PaulR »

Dirtbag

I also bought one of these and am extremely happy with its build quality and performance particularly with the SUIT. However, I have yet to find any Military 7.62 that will cycle in it and Privi .308 factory cycles but not consistently. So I am using a home load (Hornady 150gn HPBT in a .308 Privi case) which performs well at all distances that I've tried it at out to 600yds and has never failed to extract.

An accessory that you may find useful which I believe often found its way into unofficial UK service is the original M16 clip-on Bipod. I recently bought a Mil Surp one in the states for $17.00 and it fits well and is great when using the SUIT.

http://www.gunaccessories.com/AR15-M16Parts/Bipods.asp

Should be available in the UK, I've seen them at Militaria Fairs.

Have fun shooting it.

Paul
rufrdr

#33 Post by rufrdr »

Very nice!!

"Everybody dies...the thing is, to die well"

Jack Harper
dirtbag

#34 Post by dirtbag »

PaulR wrote:Dirtbag

I also bought one of these and am extremely happy with its build quality and performance particularly with the SUIT. However, I have yet to find any Military 7.62 that will cycle in it and Privi .308 factory cycles but not consistently. So I am using a home load (Hornady 150gn HPBT in a .308 Privi case) which performs well at all distances that I've tried it at out to 600yds and has never failed to extract.

An accessory that you may find useful which I believe often found its way into unofficial UK service is the original M16 clip-on Bipod. I recently bought a Mil Surp one in the states for $17.00 and it fits well and is great when using the SUIT.

http://www.gunaccessories.com/AR15-M16Parts/Bipods.asp

Should be available in the UK, I've seen them at Militaria Fairs.

Have fun shooting it.

Paul

Thanks Paul , Typically all the nice easy to get hold of stuff MEN,Prvi didnt like it. Tried one round of Over's South African 7.62 - V bull from 800 1st shot , but had to break the rifle down to get the round out. The 3 bullets that go through fine are the Lithu, Federal, and Norinco.

Bipod looks cool, but I will go for an L7 bipod if i was to get one. Also managed to get hold of an 30 round L4 Bren mag !