Glock British Army

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Sim G

Re: Glock British Army

#41 Post by Sim G »

Blu wrote:My Ruger P345 has never let me down, never had a jam or a fail to fire.
It's guns like the P345 that reinvigorates my bitterness towards governments of the UK and that which they have denied us....

Feckers! wallhead **** ****
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Blu

#42 Post by Blu »

Sim G wrote:
Blu wrote:My Ruger P345 has never let me down, never had a jam or a fail to fire.
It's guns like the P345 that reinvigorates my bitterness towards governments of the UK and that which they have denied us....

Feckers! wallhead **** ****
I can't say I know how you feel but I can certainly understand your bitterness about it.
StangGT

#43 Post by StangGT »

somerset shooter wrote:I've just put in a section 7.3 variation for a Steyr M9A1, 1 of 20 that were supplied for the MOD pistol trials of 2012. fingerscrossed
Are there any left? My club has a 7.3 section and I'm quite keen to join!
Kungfugerbil

#44 Post by Kungfugerbil »

Lex wrote:I've shot a Glock 17...it's a perfect example of a point-and-shoot pistol.
I can wholeheartedly agree. I've only shot handguns in the US but found the Glock to be almost foolproof in getting the rounds to land where you want them to with minimum fuss. I haven't faffed on with holsters or carry, just range work, so can't comment on that aspect though.

I can see why they have historically been chosen by bodies who want a pistol that fits most people and is easy to get on target.
DL.

#45 Post by DL. »

ordnance wrote:
As for the Army Glock no sharp sticky out bits to snag on other kit of if stuffed in jacket pocket. No safety to take off in a panic easy to clean and works in dusty sandy areas as well as mud.
Stuffing a Glock in your pocket is one sure way to shoot yourself. No safety to take of is one of the reasons so many people shoot themselves with them.
The pamphlet for the general service pistol quite clearly explains that troops aren't to use anything other than the issued holster, so hopefully that will reduce the likelihood of holes in people's legs.
somerset shooter

#46 Post by somerset shooter »

StangGT wrote:
somerset shooter wrote:I've just put in a section 7.3 variation for a Steyr M9A1, 1 of 20 that were supplied for the MOD pistol trials of 2012. fingerscrossed
Are there any left? My club has a 7.3 section and I'm quite keen to join!
Not that I'm aware of.
BamBam

#47 Post by BamBam »

I carried my Glock loaded and concealed everyday for 10 years, IWB holster, no accidental discharges.
User702

#48 Post by User702 »

I recall that a lot of ranges banned the Blackhawk SERPA style holsters (lockable with the finger tab release) because people were getting on the trigger too quickly when drawing, usually ending up with a hole in the bench or the leg.

Given that this will be the standard holster for the Army, I hope that people learn not to do this quickly.