Caption this

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Caption this

#51 Post by dromia »

TobyH wrote:What Christel says (almost), you don't have to believe in a deity of any sort. The whole point, as was discussed earlier, religion is banned.
So atheists are eligible to join then, even when they don't believe in a supreme being?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Alpha1

#52 Post by Alpha1 »

Lets start a new religion then we can all join lets worship guns we could call it shooeterism.
We might be able to get charity status or even a lottery grant to build a church with lots of 25yd pews. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Robin128

#53 Post by Robin128 »

Shall we call it the Christel Lodge?

You prepared to bare your breast Alpha1???

:roll: :lol: :lol:
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#54 Post by dromia »

There is no way I'd join anything that would let someone like me in.

With due defference to Mr Marx. Image

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

TobyH

#55 Post by TobyH »

So atheists are eligible to join then, even when they don't believe in a supreme being?
Yes. It's not relevant what you believe in.
Christel
Site Admin

#56 Post by Christel »

Surely that goes against being an atheist....that there is nothing to believe in.

I know it is not important what you believe in but you have to believe in something. So atheists are out, surely?
dromia
Site Admin

#57 Post by dromia »

TobyH wrote:
Yes. It's not relevant what you believe in.
There seems to be confusion about this then in the masonic community, I asked a friend last night who is a mason and he was adamant that atheists could not be members having no belief.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

TobyH

#58 Post by TobyH »

Will have to speak to my father.

Is it enough to believe in the right way to live, common sense, helping others, doing good deeds without reward? Do you have to believe in (what is in my opinion) un-substatiated gods rather than the good of human nature?
TobyH

#59 Post by TobyH »

Or put it another way, is believing in nothing any different from believing in something that might not exist?
Robin128

#60 Post by Robin128 »

"A 'Book of the Law' (Volume of Sacred Law or VSL) shall constitute an indispensable part of the furniture of every Lodge. Advisedly, any Book of the Law because it is not absolutely required that the Bible be used. The 'Book of the Law' is that volume which, by the religion of the Mason, is believed to contain the revealed will of the Grand Architect of the Universe."

http://www.formermasons.org/issues/volu ... ed_law.php