Guns seized....again

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

Re: Guns seized....again

#61 Post by shugie »

Just received a "gentle reminder" from TVP about the obligation upon me to report any of a list of assorted lurgis to them. Is this all a consequence of that bloke in Plymouth going off the rails?
Careful now/that sort of thing
Polchraine

#62 Post by Polchraine »

shugie wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 12:59 pm Just received a "gentle reminder" from TVP about the obligation upon me to report any of a list of assorted lurgis to them. Is this all a consequence of that bloke in Plymouth going off the rails?
Would you care to share the list?

As for Plymouth, from what I have read, he was already "off the rails" before he got his guns back.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
walesdave

#63 Post by walesdave »

Second time of trying....this time without displaying my personal details to the world! (Thanks to the admins for deleting the first try :good:)

I submitted a SAR to Gwent Police to help my 'get my guns back' crusade.
Might be my cynical nature, but it appears the 'Redaction Gremlin' has gone to work on any Gwent Police paperwork that might support my case.
FYI: solicitor has just submitted a Letter Before Action, so we'll see what happens next.

So, how much can a document be redacted? Answer = LOTS! I've only included one but there's a further 3 or 4 which are 95% as bad.....
Redaction in RED is mine to hide my address / tel number etc.
Redaction in BLACK is all down to Gwent Police

https://www.full-bore.co.uk/download/fi ... w&id=20539
https://www.full-bore.co.uk/download/fi ... w&id=20538
Attachments
2100290649_Redacted_Page_1.jpg
2100290649_Redacted_Page_2.jpg
Graham M
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#64 Post by Graham M »

They may just as well have sent you a few pieces of blank paper.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Polchraine

#65 Post by Polchraine »

Does it work in your favour? SWP refusing to provide the evidence thay have?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Alpha1

#66 Post by Alpha1 »

I feel your pain but I have to wonder why you feel the need to post this on a open forum.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#67 Post by Pippin89 »

Alpha1 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:05 am I feel your pain but I have to wonder why you feel the need to post this on a open forum.
For support and advice probably....

I would be interested in what you solicitor has to say about that. Whether they are genuinely redacting information legally or if they are intentionally hiding information. The solicitor should be able to subpoena the document in its entirety. It does add to your costs though as that's more court time.
MistAgain

#68 Post by MistAgain »

Alpha1 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:05 am I feel your pain but I have to wonder why you feel the need to post this on a open forum.
The need is to give information to other shooters , and in return gain information from the shooting community .

So here are two bits of information for Dave .

A person I know was refused a reply to his SAR . He was told it was not in his best interest to persue the matter .

And another one also shooting related . The refusal stated that it was not in the interest of national security to supply the requested documents .

If it does go to court , the police will have to disclose anything that will undermine their position .
Pete
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#69 Post by Pete »

SAR....Subject Access Request
SAR....Suspicious Activity Report

One acronym for two totally different items.
The "authorities" can pretty much put whatever interpretation that suits their agenda, on anything.......

"Oh brave new world that has such people in't..."

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
walesdave

#70 Post by walesdave »

Polchraine wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:30 pm Does it work in your favour? SWP refusing to provide the evidence thay have?
FYI: it's Gwent Police rather than SWP, but I'm not sure. I've pushed back to the Data Controller office at Gwent mentioning the police have dispensation to redact SAR documents where there's operational need or Data Protection issues but applying a 'blanket' approach totally redacting 95% to 100% of multiple documents covering more than one incident appears to go beyond Operational need or GDPR requirements. I asked for the redaction to be re-examined and the SAR to be re-done; waiting for their response.
Thanks for the empathy. posting this on a public forum as that's what public forums are for; sharing experiences to get help, advice and empathy and to give others information that might, one day, help them if they find themselves in a similar situation. And I like to rant - better out than in! ****
Pippin89 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:20 am I would be interested in what you solicitor has to say about that. Whether they are genuinely redacting information legally or if they are intentionally hiding information. The solicitor should be able to subpoena the document in its entirety. It does add to your costs though as that's more court time.
Yes, exactly what I'm wondering. My solicitor asked at our first (so far only) meeting if I'd ever had 'dealings' with Gwent licensing department before....and I laughed. I've been having 'disagreements' with Gwent since my initial FAC application in 2004 and I've 'won' my point each time, even getting a written apology from the now retired civilian licensing manager. I'm not sure which direction we're going to go whether High Court for a judicial review or County Court for an Equality Act / Discrimination action for compensation for the discrimination. I've sent her all the redacted documents so will see what she decides. Unfortunately, as known from the start, funding is getting to be a concern, so I've put together a crowdjustice.com page but not 'opened' it yet until I know if it's going to be Solicitor or Barrister led.