NRA staff?

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
John MH

Re: NRA staff?

#61 Post by John MH »

You have a point.
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#62 Post by dodgyrog »

NorthernNRAguy wrote:I would suggest that while the dust settles on what will be a very slimmed down version of the NRA staff structure, we all plan on how we are going to get down to Bisley and use the facilities much more.

The NRA needs business..and that is the shooting fraternity...

If we use it too much then they will have to hire more people...
Would you be Guy by any chance, if so welcome aboard? (Welcome anyway).
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#63 Post by dodgyrog »

Alpha1 wrote:
I would suggest that while the dust settles on what will be a very slimmed down version of the NRA staff structure, we all plan on how we are going to get down to Bisley and use the facilities much more.
Yes lets all drive for half a day arrive knackered have to stay over night to shoot at Bisley then travel back for half a day just to support the NRA. I dont think so. I have no intention of travelling to Bisley to shoot no more than I would expect our Southern freinds to travel down to my local range at Catterick.
The hint is in the name NATIONAL rifle association
I would like the Northern rep to push for more facilities to be made available to us Northeners thank you.
As far as I am concerned the best course of action would be to sell Bisley and use the money to purchase ex MOD ranges around the Country and develop them.
To be honest, I prefer to shoot at Bisley despite the 700 mile round trip! I do it about 6 times a year (plus having a stand at 3 of the big shooting events). Yes I know it's expensive on fuel and I don't have a huge income, but I do enjoy shooting down there.
I hope to join Diggle soon, as well, and go down there with Dromia and a couple of others.
I do not enjoy the shooting on Military ranges as much as I used to and there are no facilities (clubhouse etc) to use on them.
You pays your money and takes your choice. :goodjob:
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Liquidice

#64 Post by Liquidice »

Hi All
I am very shocked at what I am reading.....

I mean I had no idea this was going on.

The only people I know and have dealt with in the NRA in the past two-three weeks ate Nick and Chris.... Wtf :cool2:
Nick was ever so helpful assisting me with the membership and last Saturday Chris carried out my assessment for my probation period.... He must have known from the dates of the posts you guys are talking about it...but none the less Chris had a smile on his face was very polite, friendly , extremely helpful and answered my bombardment of questions with pleasure. A true asset to the organisation !!!!

If there is anything I can do to help please do not hesitate to contact me.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#65 Post by Mike357 »

Nikos, the whole NRA debate is one of the most emotive subjects on here.

The staff, of which some are on here, all seem to be excellent and sometimes take quite a hard time from members about the NRA. Sadly it is the organisation that causes the frustration. Don't worry you'll get used to it. 8-)
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Liquidice

#66 Post by Liquidice »

Mike357 wrote:Nikos, the whole NRA debate is one of the most emotive subjects on here.

The staff, of which some are on here, all seem to be excellent and sometimes take quite a hard time from members about the NRA. Sadly it is the organisation that causes the frustration. Don't worry you'll get used to it. 8-)
I gathered there is politics and some history on this topic.
Is there nothing we can do as business professionals to help the NRA instead of just as shooting members?
John25

#67 Post by John25 »

HeatherW762 wrote:Haven't had the chance to be on the forum much recently, as you can well imagine. State of play is:

Those who have been made redundant pending the one week appeal period are:

Chris Webb - Regional Manager
Nick Halford - Membership Assistant
Phyllis Farnan - Director of Training
Elaine Buttle - PA to Secretary General
Graham Gold - Financial Manager
John Swift - Estate Plumber
Peter Woodford - Estate Electrician
Derrick O'Sullivan - Target Shed Manager

Actual dates of leaving are varied, the Estate guys have gone already, but anticipate sooner rather than later so that the restructuring can start to happen.

There are/will be some positions that will need filling within the new structure and some positions planned for the future when we have the money to pay them.

Jobs like the Regional Managers will be spread amongst other staff, not just ignored/not done.

I'm sure that once it all settles down and the appeal period is over, there will be an official statement.

Staff are feeling a bit bruised and emotional at the moment.

Regards
Heather - who now has a husband looking for a job!

John Swift was not, is not - a plumber.
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
John MH

#68 Post by John MH »

Are you suggesting the NRA don't know what the people they employ, and are about to let go, do?

Another example of continuing mismanagement.
karen

#69 Post by karen »

John Swift was the Camp Engineer who took over from Big Jim

However I do not believe this was a description of his sexual orientation :lol:

He took voluntary redundancy along with two others and has now got another job so is probably very happy!

Love

karen
John MH

#70 Post by John MH »

Has he got another job with the NRA?