August McQueen morning at Bisley

A section to arrange and discuss all our shoots and events.

Moderator: dromia

Christel
Site Admin

Re: August McQueen morning at Bisley

#91 Post by Christel »

This morning I asked the NRA range office the following:

"Hi James, I have two questions in regards to the booking I have on the 4th of August. If one is not a member of the NRA but a member of a NRA affiliated club can one shoot with me? Also, we are a few people shooting McQueen that morning, do we all have to sign in at the range office? Many thanks, Christel"

I got the following prompt reply:

Good Morning,

"NRA members are able (and welcome) to join any shooting happening on Bisley Ranges. For Affiliated club members a shoot must be booked under the name of the affiliated club (for legal & insurance criteria to be met) . Therefore in your case it should be booked under the club name of your visitor (to cover him/her) then you are covered anyway as an NRA member (in your own right as a full individual member, as would any other full NRA members who care to join you).

Signing on....

Either each person signs on and this covers each individual individually, or one person signs on and they are then responsible for the group.

If I were you I would have each person sign on themselves.

Regards

Steve R

NSC Range office"
Christel
Site Admin

#92 Post by Christel »

I think this is the list.

Ovenpaa
Christel
DM
ex-skydiver
bnz41
kingsburyshot
dave101
bobbob
lapua338
Doz
Rifleman798
kennyc
duff eyed doyle
HeatherW762
20series

HeatherW762 and 20series, please confirm?

Anyone not coming?

Anyone else who wants to come?
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#93 Post by kennyc »

christel wrote:This morning I asked the NRA range office the following:

"Hi James, I have two questions in regards to the booking I have on the 4th of August. If one is not a member of the NRA but a member of a NRA affiliated club can one shoot with me? Also, we are a few people shooting McQueen that morning, do we all have to sign in at the range office? Many thanks, Christel"

I got the following prompt reply:

Good Morning,

"NRA members are able (and welcome) to join any shooting happening on Bisley Ranges. For Affiliated club members a shoot must be booked under the name of the affiliated club (for legal & insurance criteria to be met) . Therefore in your case it should be booked under the club name of your visitor (to cover him/her) then you are covered anyway as an NRA member (in your own right as a full individual member, as would any other full NRA members who care to join you).

Signing on....

Either each person signs on and this covers each individual individually, or one person signs on and they are then responsible for the group.

If I were you I would have each person sign on themselves.

Regards

Steve R

NSC Range office"
I have arranged with BASC for them to book me in as a member so I should be good to go :D
Christel
Site Admin

#94 Post by Christel »

Oh very good thinking that man.

:clap:
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#95 Post by 20series »

Christel

I will only probably know the night before, but at the moment it's looking unlikely :bad: :cool2:

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Christel
Site Admin

#96 Post by Christel »

Ok 20series, thanks!
Dave 101

#97 Post by Dave 101 »

Hi Christel .

Doesn't look as though I can shoot from the reply you received , as I am not a NRA member and its not my club thats hosting the event so Iam not covered by affiliated membership , and Iam not a BASC member ,
Oh well another time maybe

Dave
duff eyed doyle

#98 Post by duff eyed doyle »

Hi Christel,
sorry to be a pain but can you please advise the range office that we will require a couple of sand bags at the firing point for this shoot as they usually forget them.
Christel
Site Admin

#99 Post by Christel »

duff eyed doyle wrote:Hi Christel,
sorry to be a pain but can you please advise the range office that we will require a couple of sand bags at the firing point for this shoot as they usually forget them.
Yes, will do:)
Christel
Site Admin

#100 Post by Christel »

Dave 101 wrote:Hi Christel .

Doesn't look as though I can shoot from the reply you received , as I am not a NRA member and its not my club thats hosting the event so Iam not covered by affiliated membership , and Iam not a BASC member ,
Oh well another time maybe

Dave
Is it not possible to get your club to book it for you? I know our old club did not want to do that unless it was announced to all club members there was a shoot arranged however it could be your club is different?

EDIT...just make sure it is not deemed a separate booking.