I was looking for some slug and came across these,they are
B&P Big game. Has anybody used them?
Primer

Re: Slug for PSG

#2 Post by Primer »

ovy wrote:Hi,
I was looking for some slug and came across these,they are
B&P Big game. Has anybody used them?
Is there supposed to be a link to the product here?
M99

#3 Post by M99 »

Do you mean these?

http://www.bandpusa.com/categories/Hunting/Big-Game/

If so, it would appear that the "big game" are not in fact slug.

Mike
ovy

#4 Post by ovy »

Yes they are the ones, the target slug not the big game.
My mistake.
Thanks
M99

#5 Post by M99 »

I've not seen them in the UK anywhere.
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#6 Post by Blackstuff »

Me neither, and they're out of stock there too! That would an amazing price for 250 but it would be a cold day in hell before you could buy them for that over here! :bad:

Geco Coated Competition slugs are what i (and many others) use. S&B Super Sport slug is also popular, but to be honest i think thats more to do with thats all there is, rather than by choice! :roll:
DVC
saddler

#7 Post by saddler »

Blackstuff wrote:Me neither, and they're out of stock there too! That would an amazing price for 250 but it would be a cold day in hell before you could buy them for that over here! :bad:

Geco Coated Competition slugs are what i (and many others) use. S&B Super Sport slug is also popular, but to be honest i think thats more to do with thats all there is, rather than by choice! :roll:
...hence why some folk are casting their own slug and relaoding - no other option, as ZERO choice of slug in the trade at affordable prices!!

Maybe the supply & demand ratio will change as more people take up Target Shotgun - though WHICH of the importers will realise there IS a change in demand & bring slug in is the big question - esp. given the sloth like speed that some of them operate at...
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#8 Post by IainWR »

NRA sell three different types of 12g slug, two 32 gram and one 28 gram. All by S&B - should I be stocking something else to improve sales? Also we have something (Hull 3 crowns?) SG. Is there a better / wider choice that would sell to the PSG market?

Iain
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#9 Post by Blackstuff »

Firstly, get PSG authorised at Bisley :grin:

To be honest Iain, there is such a lack of choice in the UK that i don't think anyone could give you an accurate opinion, rather just what works for them in their gun. Personally i get better grouping with the Geco Coated Competition slug than i did when my RFD was getting the S&B Special Slug Sport, and it also has less of an arching trajectory.

Hopefully with the increase in TSG things will improve fingerscrossed
DVC
saddler

#10 Post by saddler »

Blackstuff wrote:Firstly, get PSG authorised at Bisley :grin:

To be honest Iain, there is such a lack of choice in the UK that i don't think anyone could give you an accurate opinion, rather just what works for them in their gun. Personally i get better grouping with the Geco Coated Competition slug than i did when my RFD was getting the S&B Special Slug Sport, and it also has less of an arching trajectory.
I've used factory S&B to good effect - and CBC Magtech
ONLY issue about Bisley's stocks of whatever is the distance from Bisley for most shooters that require slug
IF it's not stocked by regional RFDs AND at affordable prices then sales will remain too low to be of interest to both buyers & sellers
Blackstuff wrote:Hopefully with the increase in TSG things will improve fingerscrossed
...the BIGGEST improvement will be when you take some of them extras off your gun!!