Swedish Mauser sniper

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

lapua338

Re: Swedish Mauser sniper

#11 Post by lapua338 »

Scotsgun,

Me too! The ZfK55 is awesome but almost impossible to find in this country. All the good ones seem to be in the USA or in Switzerland. I did see a gentleman shooting one on Short Siberia in 2008 and haven't seen it since. It looked mint and unissued.

There was a ZfKar K31/43 (with a 2.8x Kern scope permanently mounted on the left side of the receiver) for sale in 2010 at the Trafalgar Meeting, which is probably the same rifle I saw at the Phoenix Meeting earlier in the year! It was the best part of £3K and it had been knocked around.
dirtbag

Re: Swedish Mauser sniper

#12 Post by dirtbag »

ovenpaa wrote:Thanks for the link. My initial reaction was crikey he is expensive but some rifles are reasonably priced, apart from the exotics which seem to be very high. I have mailed him for more information as he does not include a price. Interesting that it is a Basingstoke area number and a German email addy.

Nice stuff, but the mount on the swede is deffo a repro looking at the machining on it and the numbers look very fresh, maybe wrong ?

I was horrified to see the Finn M39 with PU,whoever did that has ruined it , I am tempted to buy it and rescue it!

The m39 snipers was with captured russian Pe scopes and was named M39 "SOV"