S-Class in Scotland

Sporting-Class. Everything you want to know about this new discipline including course of fire, competitions, rifles, regulations and how to get involved.

Moderator: dromia

Sandgroper

Re: S-Class in Scotland

#11 Post by Sandgroper »

saddler wrote:Me too if i can tie it in with range days, etc.
Great! :good:
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Sandgroper

#12 Post by Sandgroper »

ovenpaa wrote:We still need a tame graphics type to do the targets, has anyone got a half handy 16 year art/graphics student at home?
No - but if someone has one going spare, I might and I stress might be able to sort something at college.

Scotsgun

#13 Post by Scotsgun »

What do we need with regard to the targets?
Sandgroper

#14 Post by Sandgroper »

I was mucking around with TurboCAD* today and if I can save it a compatible format we should have A3 (L&R A4) targets - V-Bull to inner @ 300m. Colours and line thickness please! fingerscrossed

*It's been years since I've used any sort of CAD program - so it quite easily distracted me from the study I should have been doing this afternoon! :oops:

Ovenpaa

#15 Post by Ovenpaa »

White V followed by black scoring zones divided by white lines, I do not have the dimensions for the dividers so would say at this stage they need to be visible through a 12X 'scope.

We cannot get the complete target on an A4 or A3 sheet however a fair amount will fit on, even better if an image could be converted to either A3 or two A4 sheets.

A3 420 x 297 mm 16.5 x 11.7 in
A4 297 x 210 mm 11.7 x 8.3 in
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Sandgroper

#16 Post by Sandgroper »

ovenpaa wrote: White V followed by black scoring zones divided by white lines, I do not have the dimensions for the dividers so would say at this stage they need to be visible through a 12X 'scope.

We cannot get the complete target on an A4 or A3 sheet however a fair amount will fit on, even better if an image could be converted to either A3 or two A4 sheets.

A3 420 x 297 mm 16.5 x 11.7 in
A4 297 x 210 mm 11.7 x 8.3 in
I was using those measurements you posted. I'll have another play and see what the result is. :o I'm working on it being 2xA4 (L&R) so it can be posted up on the website and printed off. fingerscrossed

Sandgroper

#17 Post by Sandgroper »

It seems it will be Dromia, Scotsgun, Saddler and myself kicking off proceedings in Scotland. I'll order some target faces shortly and get them off to you three and hopefully the first round of a Scottish S-Class postal comp will kick off not long after that. fingerscrossed

Cheers guys :cheers:

Alpha1

#18 Post by Alpha1 »

If the targets can be done in AutoCAD I might be able to get some thing sorted.
The Young Lady who does all my Engineering drawings does not come back to work until the 7th I will have a word with her and see what she says. She is no stranger to shooting disciplines so no problem there.
We have a printing section that will print them in any size required if she can sort it.
Christel
Site Admin

#19 Post by Christel »

Sandgroper wrote:It seems it will be Dromia, Scotsgun, Saddler and myself kicking off proceedings in Scotland. I'll order some target faces shortly and get them off to you three and hopefully the first round of a Scottish S-Class postal comp will kick off not long after that. fingerscrossed

Cheers guys :cheers:
Awesome clapclap
forbie

#20 Post by forbie »

I have a 30" vinyl printer and software for sign writing which can do this easily. Can also get synthetic paper to print on which would be waterproof. Exact costs I would have to look at but anything done would be at cost. Only thing is I work offshore and overseas at times. If I can make sense of the spec I will post. If its ok with everybody on here. Might add that I am in the north east (Scotland that is not bloo"y Newcastle) Local range being Black Dog. Have shot at Binn Hill and Fort George before.
Last edited by forbie on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.