Show us your rimfire's

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

MistAgain

Re: Show us your rimfire's

#561 Post by MistAgain »

This is not a dig at you or indeed other members of this forum , just in case though I wont name the products .

Maybe I am a bit old fashioned , but I want to support my local gun shop and the legitimate importers who supply him .

Last year I wanted to buy a product for my rifle , I asked the dealer if he could get one and was told he would try . After a week or so he got back to me and told me that what I wanted could not be obtained because the manufacturer was not registered with the authorities in USA and could not obtain an export licence .

Yet more than a few of these products are available over here from non RFD's who have backdoored them somehow .

For some time now I have been thinking of getting an AR type rifle , there is plenty of choice around on the rifles , but not all the aftermarket accessories for the rifle are available here .
Some of the bits used to be available , but now seem to have been dropped by their UK supplier because of backdoor imports .

The way things are going I may soon have a choice of buying from Sportsman or taking a chance buying from a guy who has a mate called Cleatus , who flips burgers full time in downtown Hicksville , USA but sends bits to his mate over here as a gift so that no duties are paid .

If thats the future of shooting , maybe I should take up sky diving .
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#562 Post by breacher »

I take your point. But not all non rfd importers are "back door". Some do it properly with proper paperwork.

But it costs a lot on time and money.

Which is why I now concentrate on bipods and bit by bit am getting rid of the rest. The bipods alone do what I wanted - pay for my hobby.
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
BamBam

#563 Post by BamBam »

Buy your AR type rifle with all the accessories fitted the first time. Costs a lot less that way.
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#564 Post by Maggot »

One of the advantages of "Non" RFD imports is that there is no monopoly on the costs. A while back when bullets were getting scarce some RFDs behaved in a shocking manner, screwing over the very people who keep the roofs over their heads.

People march with their feet, and is someone has legitimately managed to get the harder to get items into the UK, then fair play to them.

That said the RFDs I deal with are very fair, cant ask for more than that. If I find out that I have been screwed, my funds go elsewhere.

Keep it up Bri goodjob
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#565 Post by Maggot »

BamBam wrote:Buy your AR type rifle with all the accessories fitted the first time. Costs a lot less that way.
Fair comment, but some folk are gear tarts who change parts like underwear while others might well try something on someone elses rifle and then want to change theirs B. Its one of the advantages of the AR I guess, you can add (or in my case recently remove) as much crap as you want.

The little AR I put on earlier had everything bar the kitchen sink bolted to it, which was the taste of its original owner. The fact it still had a vertical grip on it is purely on a trial bases because they have just become legal in CSR so I thought I would try one on the mouse gun and see how I get on.
Dellboy
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#566 Post by Dellboy »

MistAgain wrote:This is not a dig at you or indeed other members of this forum , just in case though I wont name the products .

Maybe I am a bit old fashioned , but I want to support my local gun shop and the legitimate importers who supply him .

Last year I wanted to buy a product for my rifle , I asked the dealer if he could get one and was told he would try . After a week or so he got back to me and told me that what I wanted could not be obtained because the manufacturer was not registered with the authorities in USA and could not obtain an export licence .

Yet more than a few of these products are available over here from non RFD's who have backdoored them somehow .

For some time now I have been thinking of getting an AR type rifle , there is plenty of choice around on the rifles , but not all the aftermarket accessories for the rifle are available here .
Some of the bits used to be available , but now seem to have been dropped by their UK supplier because of backdoor imports .

The way things are going I may soon have a choice of buying from Sportsman or taking a chance buying from a guy who has a mate called Cleatus , who flips burgers full time in downtown Hicksville , USA but sends bits to his mate over here as a gift so that no duties are paid .

If thats the future of shooting , maybe I should take up sky diving .

So you wouldnt sell anything secondhand for the same reasons ?
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Gazza

#567 Post by Gazza »

Is that a standard diameter AR tube it fits on Breacher or a dedicated tube?
And whats the overall length of the firearm with the stock collapsed?
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#568 Post by breacher »

Gazza wrote:Is that a standard diameter AR tube it fits on Breacher or a dedicated tube?
And whats the overall length of the firearm with the stock collapsed?
Samson Evolution tube which is pretty much same diameter as the others as far as I know.

Length is 25.5" - measured to rear of buffer of tube ( just in case someone pedantic claimed that the butt stock can be slid off completely )
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
Gazza

#569 Post by Gazza »

:good:
MistAgain

#570 Post by MistAgain »

breacher wrote:Well - I already am legit
Are you sure about that ...................really , really sure ?