3 shades of grey! Now what to fill them with?

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

Re: 3 shades of grey! Now what to fill them with?

#21 Post by HALODIN »

Well you wouldn't have bought it if you weren't happy with it! Glad it's found a good home. Are you bringing it on Friday night?
Mikaveli wrote:The lever action nearly didn't happen - I originally went to see another LA at a dealer after seeing it online, ringing to confirm they still had it available etc.

When I got there, only then do they remember someone had already put a deposit on it. :cool2: The also had the Marlin, which was a little more expensive, but a bit scruffy - so I ended up taking that, but I think it cleaned up well.
Mikaveli
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#22 Post by Mikaveli »

HALODIN wrote:Well you wouldn't have bought it if you weren't happy with it! Glad it's found a good home. Are you bringing it on Friday night?
Certainly will be. :grin:

When do you get your Spikes?
Dougan

#23 Post by Dougan »

Some good finds already tongueout ...and on budget!

Doesn't matter if the Marlin is a bit scruffy (the receiver sight is a bonus), as long as it cycles reliably and is accurate...let us know how it shoots...
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#24 Post by HALODIN »

I thought you might say that! :grin:

It was supposed to be here in 2 weeks, but it's been delayed a bit, but hopefully only by another couple of weeks. fingerscrossed
Mikaveli
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#25 Post by Mikaveli »

Dougan wrote:Some good finds already tongueout ...and on budget!

Doesn't matter if the Marlin is a bit scruffy (the receiver sight is a bonus), as long as it cycles reliably and is accurate...let us know how it shoots...
After cleaning up the action, removing some gunk and checking all the fixings we tight, it cocks a lot smoother.

The cleanest bit of the gun was the barrel - looks like the owner kept on top of that, just ignored the action.

Will do. :good:
Meaty
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms.Thetford Gallery, STANTA, Barton Road

#26 Post by Meaty »

Today I popped down to see Meaty to see the Uberti NMA he had for sale. Bought it off him, getting a batch of accessories thrown in too. Overall very tidy, with only light signs of use:
Good to meet you today-glad you like the NMA.
Dont suppose you fancy very nice BSA 1215 as well do you? tongueout
"There are four boxes to be used in the defence of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order."