New Century Target Numbers

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Dougan

Re: New Century Target Numbers

#31 Post by Dougan »

Alexham - I'm not sure what all this rent stuff is about, but if it's a general point you're trying to make then please expand...but if you're being personal, then please give it a rest...
alexham

#32 Post by alexham »

IainWR wrote:
alexham wrote:Landmac uses NRA charges as the benchmark for "market rate", so evey time the NRA drops us in it and whacks up its prices to recover the loss, every shooter in every far flung corner of the Empire has to pay more and I can prove that.
Thanks Alex, please let us have the proof so we can use it in negotiation.

BTW there's an r in Landmarc.

And AFAIK they don't run ranges on behalf of the FI Government (furthest flung permanently inhabited corner of the Empire, unless someone knows different?)

Iain
Ah! Gawd! The whole argument has been rendered invalid because I dropped an "r" in Landmarc! What a shame!

Iain, I am not sure how to say this with greatest respect, but you seem to have a problem in thinking conceptually! Perhaps Landmarc do not run the range on Falklands and in what way does that invalidate what I said earlier. In order to prove what you ask I would have to disclose information given to me in confidence, written by someone in Home Office, who may still be there.

In my opinion, you could not do anything with the information because Landmarc will not negotiate with NRA and I am not going to risk it to satisfy your curiosity and the evident urge to nit-pick.

By the way, I would not waste time correcting spelling mistakes. It adds nothing to the argument and it is more friendly to assume that the other person simply pressed the wrong key in the rush.
Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

#33 Post by Gaz »

alexham wrote:In order to prove what you ask I would have to disclose information given to me in confidence, written by someone in Home Office, who may still be there.
If it's been written by someone in the Home Office then it is subject to Freedom of Information laws. You've given me enough information to frame a request that would disclose that particular snippet, which would be to the clear benefit of shooters nationwide as it would help prevent NRA price rises from affecting Landmarc range prices - if, indeed, what you claim is true.

So, if this information really exists are you going to pass it on to the NRA, for the benefit of all your fellow shooters? Or are you just another internet tough guy making stuff up and pretending you know something you don't?
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.
alexham

#34 Post by alexham »

Dougan wrote:Alexham - I'm not sure what all this rent stuff is about, but if it's a general point you're trying to make then please expand...but if you're being personal, then please give it a rest...
Dougan,

Free speech means that one can choose neither to expand nor to give it a rest. Instead, I choose to give those affected a chance to dig a bigger hole for themselves first!

Now, put an email address in your profile. Just for me.
karen

#35 Post by karen »

alexham wrote: Free speech means that one can choose neither to expand nor to give it a rest. Instead, I choose to give those affected a chance to dig a bigger hole for themselves first!
It appears to me that your idea of free speech is pretty much the same as malicious gossip.

Either explain your question about my rent or apologise for the insinuation.

Karen
alexham

#36 Post by alexham »

Gaz wrote:
alexham wrote:In order to prove what you ask I would have to disclose information given to me in confidence, written by someone in Home Office, who may still be there.
If it's been written by someone in the Home Office then it is subject to Freedom of Information laws. You've given me enough information to frame a request that would disclose that particular snippet, which would be to the clear benefit of shooters nationwide as it would help prevent NRA price rises from affecting Landmarc range prices - if, indeed, what you claim is true.

So, if this information really exists are you going to pass it on to the NRA, for the benefit of all your fellow shooters? Or are you just another internet tough guy making stuff up and pretending you know something you don't?
We all await with bated breath to see what you find. Get off your biggest muscle and do some work for a change!
NRA has known about this for years. What makes you think that NRA actually care for their members. But be careful what your write. One misspelled word and if Iain sees it it will all be consigned to meaningless rubbish! :shakeshout:
John25

#37 Post by John25 »

Alex,

I think you are losing credibility here, please explain What makes you think that NRA actually care for their members. (That's a question mark not a full stop by the way - I accept that they are very close on the keyboard.)

And, please answer Karen's question, you have impied that she and Iain have a less than honourable character which I refute unconditionally.

I remind you again that this forum is not a place for discussing a person's finances. If it were me I would be 'taking advice'
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
alexham

#38 Post by alexham »

karen wrote:
alexham wrote: Free speech means that one can choose neither to expand nor to give it a rest. Instead, I choose to give those affected a chance to dig a bigger hole for themselves first!
It appears to me that your idea of free speech is pretty much the same as malicious gossip.

Either explain your question about my rent or apologise for the insinuation.

Karen
Dear Sir or Madam,

You cannot tell the difference between a question and a statement. A question has a sign like this ? at the end and usually contains worlds like: what, where, how and similar. One asks a question because one is ignorant of the facts and offering apologies for being ignorant is meaningless.

When a person who is asked the question demands an apology, that is called a bullseye! Not to be mistaken for the smallest ring on a target.
alexham

#39 Post by alexham »

John25 wrote:Alex,

I think you are losing credibility here, please explain What makes you think that NRA actually care for their members. (That's a question mark not a full stop by the way - I accept that they are very close on the keyboard.)

And, please answer Karen's question, you have impied that she and Iain have a less than honourable character which I refute unconditionally.

I remind you again that this forum is not a place for discussing a person's finances. If it were me I would be 'taking advice'
Don't know how Iain and Karen are connected and why you are speaking on their behalf. I have not implied anything and if you, or they, want to put a slant on it, I cannot be bothered to waste my time on it. Why I think that NRA does not care for its members? Why do you think that they do? Can you prove it?
John25

#40 Post by John25 »

Alex,

Because you wrote Have you paid your rent? Is your rent up to date?

Karen and Iain are married.

My connection to and support for them is founded ten years as work and social colleagues and a sense of fair play.

My belief in the NRA and it's objectives are founded on ten years as an employee and eight years on General Council.

If, as you have now confessed, you don't know them, why did you ask the question about the rent?

What are your motives for these actions?
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk