Short Siberia - Bisley

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
John25

Re: Short Siberia - Bisley

#61 Post by John25 »

Alex,

The Trustess don't need gall. They are mandated by the membnership to do their best for us.

If you don't like it get elected then try and see if you can do better but FFS - I for one have heard enough from you here mate- give it a bloody rest.

I don't recall you suggesting a better plan, my apologies if I have missed it.
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
Christel
Site Admin

#62 Post by Christel »

alexham wrote:
ovenpaa wrote:Alexham, yes I have shot on Short Siberia many times and do recognise the importance of a short distance range for the NRA members. However I also recognise the importance of any range for us as NRA members and if it means we have to move to a different location in order for the NRA to make more money then I am all for it. I do agree the change of use for Short Siberia has been poorly publicised so far however if it is indeed to go ahead let's support the move as something positive and look to the future.

For the record I am both an NRA trade and individual member and will do my utmost to continue to support the organisation through bad times as well as good and if this means the short term loss of a range and some disruption and even the NRA becoming even more biased towards the South of England short term then so be it. I see no real alternative right now.
Ovenpaa,
I think you are missing the point that those who "cleared the mess" are the same people that "made the mess" in the first place. No marks or credit for this, I am afraid. Money coming in must be a good thing is a little glib. NRA is there to maintain the ranges and promote the shooting sport for the benefit of its members and affiliated clubs. Nuclear police are not members and what they do is not a shooting sport! And, even if they all became members, the NRA has no mandate to give a small group of members preference over others. The correct approach would have been to call an EGM: consult the members and explain what exactly the proposal was and then proceed after, hopefully, the members agreed to it.
Have you noticed that earlier in this thread, when Targetman asked for information a senior NRA manager (Firearms Officer, no less) referred him to my letter to Pizer! That is the best information that is available. MY BLOODY LETTER!

We are facing a tripple dip recession! We shall be lucky to have any members in Scotland and Wales. We shall probably be reduced to a shooting club with a pull of 50 miles and no more. At the time when we should be sticking together and promoting support and co-operation the thustees had a gall to decide what is best for us, nothwithstanding that they have a record of wrecking everything they touch stretching back 40 years.

What is done is done, but we must ensure that it never happens again.
Alexham, I have noticed that on this forum your posts more often than not are met with negativity, especially aimed at your persona. I have no idea why apart from what I can read on here, I have never met you, have no personal experience of you. What I do think though is that your posts very often make sense. You do actually make a valid point from time to time and I do wish that the NRA would listen.
Maybe it is time to discount who the advice is coming from and actually listen.
karen

#63 Post by karen »

Here we go again . . .
alexham wrote: I think you are missing the point that those who "cleared the mess" are the same people that "made the mess" in the first place.
Er no they are not which if you did a little actual research you would know.
alexham wrote:The correct approach would have been to call an EGM: consult the members and explain what exactly the proposal was and then proceed after, hopefully, the members agreed to it.
No it isn't - you elect General Council and they elect Trustees to make these sorts of decisions. An EGM is for when things are going horribly wrong or when an urgent change to the Second Schedule is needed. Anyone can call an EGM - you just need to get 49 others to agree with you!

If we had an EGM for these types of decision we would have one every other week sign01
alexham wrote:Have you noticed that earlier in this thread, when Targetman asked for information a senior NRA manager (Firearms Officer, no less) referred him to my letter to Pizer! That is the best information that is available. MY BLOODY LETTER!
Where? Why would an intelligent human being refer anyone to your letter? It is not the best information available as anyone can see. What he did was refer them to the entire discussion thread. Are you so conceited you cannot see that?
alexham wrote:At the time when we should be sticking together and promoting support and co-operation the thustees had a gall to decide what is best for us, nothwithstanding that they have a record of wrecking everything they touch stretching back 40 years.
Whilst I could pick you up on your spelling I won't as I know English isn't your first language (bad Iain for being pedantic earlier :roll: ) but the Trustees now are a totally different body to the trustees which existed 40 years ago. The old trustees turned into General Council in 2002-ish which is a totally separate body. There may be a couple of people on General Council who have been around for a few years but new people come on all the time so that comment is just crap.

Please try and actually find things out before posting stuff like this as it does noone any good at all

Karen
Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

#64 Post by Gaz »

christel wrote:Alexham, I have noticed that on this forum your posts more often than not are met with negativity, especially aimed at your persona. I have no idea why apart from what I can read on here, I have never met you, have no personal experience of you. What I do think though is that your posts very often make sense. You do actually make a valid point from time to time and I do wish that the NRA would listen.
I think Karen's post above says it all - not only does he rant away about some pipe dream where the NRA goes bust through lack of revenue and Bisley closes down, but he also has no idea how the NRA works.
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.
Dougan

#65 Post by Dougan »

A lot of the complaint about this issue has been about communication, and it is obvious that if the NRA want to prevent further complaint and speculation (which happens fast when the rumor mill gets going) then it needs to address this...

...that said, I thought Mr Mercer's opening letter in the Spring Journal was pretty good - And today I've received the second of the new format NRA Bulletins - I like these, and there is further info about the ongoing works, including something quite positive that hasn't been mentioned yet here; that they are planning to install 6 new electronic targets...assuming that all the works go to plan, that would actually be quite a good addition for mid-week shooters who may just want to come on their own for practice, plinking or load testing...
alexham

#66 Post by alexham »

christel wrote: Alexham, I have noticed that on this forum your posts more often than not are met with negativity, especially aimed at your persona. I have no idea why apart from what I can read on here, I have never met you, have no personal experience of you. What I do think though is that your posts very often make sense. You do actually make a valid point from time to time and I do wish that the NRA would listen.
Christel,
Thank you for that. Having your agreement is very gratifying. I have met Karen's type many times on various committees. They have the irresistible urge to play a key part in any discussion and if they cannot contribute anything relevant, they throw in something totally irrelevant! She says that anyone can call an EGM with 49 members' signatures, but she conveniently fails to mention that that is a hostile type of EGM when a group of members want to force an issue. She missed completely the fact that the chairman and trustees can call an EGM without anyoune's prior permission or agreement. And yes it is the same people that have been causing major problems for decades. Not the same individuals, but the same type. I would expect an child of 12 to understand that, but not Karen. She asked why I started a new thread when Andrew Mercer replied to my letter. She does not undersand what front page news means and I started a new thread because I did not want it appearing on page 7 in the thread full of irrelevant rubbish that Karen put up. She mentions my occasional spelling (typing actually) error, missing completely the content of my messages and failing to note that about three quarters of the nation cannot spell!
Karen is a pest and a cros we all have to bear - I have dropped "s" off the cross to give her something important to add.

Look after yourself,

Love,

Alex
Dougan

#67 Post by Dougan »

Alex you are being out of order again...it's one thing for a thread to get heated, but you're not even being provoked, and you're being far too personal

Also, please don't be so arrogant to say "we all"...because you are not speaking for me.
Ovenpaa

#68 Post by Ovenpaa »

I agree Dougan.

I have no idea what has gone on in the past however I feel that both you Alex and also Karen are getting a tad to personal in this thread, time to call time on it.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

#69 Post by Strangely Brown »

I've seen CSR shooters getting binned for less on this forum, can we not have some even handed moderation?
Mick
Ovenpaa

#70 Post by Ovenpaa »

I agree Mick however it looks like our moderators are not here right now.

As much as I do agree the NRA needs to pull its socks up I also feel they are doing there utmost to turn things and positive steps are being made.

Bickering like this thread does the NRA no good. If people are dislike the the way things are being run get out there and stand for regional rep. If they feel the NRA will never do what they need well then leave and stop kicking it. Personally I intend to support it as much as I can.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal