Time to join the NRA ?

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

Re: Time to join the NRA ?

#11 Post by shugie »

Is the insurance that you get with NRA membership useful?
Careful now/that sort of thing
rox

#12 Post by rox »

shugie wrote:Is the insurance that you get with NRA membership useful?
It's quite useful if you kill or injure someone, or if your equipment is lost, damaged or stolen, or if you want to shoot somewhere that requires that you have insurance (and you are not covered at that time by way of club activity). Check the policy details for the exact extent and limits of any of the previous.

IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#13 Post by IainWR »

Also quite good if your FAC gets revoked, which is increasingly happening for entirely spurious reasons as the police take a precautionary approach.
jimbo303

#14 Post by jimbo303 »

I have not in my 30 something years ever had individual NRA membership, aside from an Imperial temporary one in 1984. I am an NRA RCO yet I am afifiliated by my primary smallbore club to the NRA, a Fulbore club of which I am Chairman and also the County Association so I am pretty much covered from the insurance aspect. I believe that unless you want to shoot the Imperial or hire a target outside a club, i.e. individual, then there is little need for individual membership - that said, the NRA appears to have upped its game in recent years - that said shooting a 600 yard shoot last year when there were a mix of 5 and 6 hundered yards displayed on Message 1 - I still have concerns about the practical organiasation. In the end on that day we all shot 5 at 6 so it was on a level playing field. Also the new target signs on Century are totally ruubbish.
Dougan

#15 Post by Dougan »

If you like shooting competitively at Bisley it can save quite a lot - So far this year I've had over £10 deducted from entry fees on 2 small bore comps and £6.50 for the Phoenix, and will get a similar reduction on the Historic Arms meeting and Trafalgar...so that's 30 quid off, without even entering the Imperial...