Samul2692 - Benelli m2 - 3+1 or 4+1

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

alextwogun

Samul2692 - Benelli m2 - 3+1 or 4+1

#1 Post by alextwogun »

Sam

Sorry can't PM back as I haven't made 30 posts yet. Yes it was me that spoke to GMK, small world.

Perhaps other people can chip in as well as I'm new to Benelli's and PSG. My understanding with the Benelli M2's is that in order to extend the mag without gunsmithing you need the shortmag version. According to Wikipedia (a well known shotgun authority ;) this is the field 3+1 version with a non crimped extension.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benelli_M2

The tactical or longmag is 5+1 and crimped so I think you need a hacksaw to extend.

I haven't come across 4+1 and don't know why these would be chosen over a 3+1. If they should be please let me know asap as I have placed an order for 3+1 field. Nordic (when they are available) do extensions from +1 to +8 so you could extend to 10 with either.

http://www.blackguns.co.uk/nordic_shotgun.html

Alex.
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

Re: Samul2692 - Benelli m2 - 3+1 or 4+1

#3 Post by Blackstuff »

Although i've not heard of a 3+1, this could be the standard M2 loaded with 3" - 76mm carts (its maximum chambering) The basic M2 with no extension on is 4+1 with 2 3/4" - 70mm carts. Most likely the same gun, just different cartridges being used to calculate its capacity.

As you have said anything but the short mag version requires some 'hacksaw' modification so if you're getting it for PSG make sure its the short mag version, then you can just screw on/off the mag extension at will, depending what you're wanting to use it for :good:
DVC
alextwogun

#4 Post by alextwogun »

Blackstuff wrote:Although i've not heard of a 3+1, this could be the standard M2 loaded with 3" - 76mm carts (its maximum chambering) The basic M2 with no extension on is 4+1 with 2 3/4" - 70mm carts. Most likely the same gun, just different cartridges being used to calculate its capacity.

As you have said anything but the short mag version requires some 'hacksaw' modification so if you're getting it for PSG make sure its the short mag version, then you can just screw on/off the mag extension at will, depending what you're wanting to use it for :good:
Thanks Blackstuff. I think it's the same gun but as you say listed differently regarding cartridge size. I'm not sure what you mean by standard and basic, are you referring to the stock? I've gone for an M2 field with comfortech stock rather than standard and is listed here as 3+1

http://country-pursuits-rickmansworth.c ... cts_id=587
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#5 Post by Blackstuff »

Sorry for any confusion i was meaning the same thing with "basic/standard" (as opposed to one of the long mag versions), just using different words so as not to sound repetitive! smile2
DVC