The "I've got a new gun thread"...

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
20series
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: The "I've got a new gun thread"...

#541 Post by 20series »

Sandgroper wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:40 pm
shoppe wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:58 pm Hi Sandgroper.
Sounds like your doing well...
Cheers, I'm doing much better than 10 weeks ago...almost didn't make it past March. I had to be medivacced out to Chile due to a "funky ecg" which turned out to be a major cardiac artery being 95% blocked. It was a very close run thing especially as the only symptom was fatigue (no chest pain :o ) which I was able to push through at work and during retained fire training - so it could have been lights out at anytime. The Consultants in Chile said I had a heart attack either in Stanley or on the flight over, I reckon it was on the flight as I lost about 45-60 minutes and was then blue lighted into the hospital on arrival. In the end it was an easy fix (stent now in-situ) and the life style adjustments are paying off.

Shooting wise it's pretty good down here...if you can get past the wait times and expense of having firearms sent down. It's a very relaxed attitude to firearms in the Falklands and I got the Glock from the local DIY store in Stanley! lol The range report will have to wait until I get back to the Falklands (on holiday) and the weather improves as it's Winter now.
Bloody hell mate, sounds far to close for comfort that one.. glad you're ok and enjoy the Glock remember to post pictures just to upset us :good:
Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Gun friendly guest house

#542 Post by dromia »

Glad luck was with you Grant and all is now well with you.

All the best to the family, must have been scary for them too.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
shoppe
Home club or Range: Any field

#543 Post by shoppe »

Now, thats not a reply I was expecting!!
Good to hear your in good health now.
Enjoy your holiday
Blackstuff

#544 Post by Blackstuff »

Sandgroper wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:40 pm
shoppe wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:58 pm Hi Sandgroper.
Sounds like your doing well...
Cheers, I'm doing much better than 10 weeks ago...almost didn't make it past March. I had to be medivacced out to Chile due to a "funky ecg" which turned out to be a major cardiac artery being 95% blocked. It was a very close run thing especially as the only symptom was fatigue (no chest pain :o ) which I was able to push through at work and during retained fire training - so it could have been lights out at anytime. The Consultants in Chile said I had a heart attack either in Stanley or on the flight over, I reckon it was on the flight as I lost about 45-60 minutes and was then blue lighted into the hospital on arrival. In the end it was an easy fix (stent now in-situ) and the life style adjustments are paying off.

Shooting wise it's pretty good down here...if you can get past the wait times and expense of having firearms sent down. It's a very relaxed attitude to firearms in the Falklands and I got the Glock from the local DIY store in Stanley! lol The range report will have to wait until I get back to the Falklands (on holiday) and the weather improves as it's Winter now.
Good to hear you escaped your close call :good:
DVC
Sandgroper

#545 Post by Sandgroper »

Thanks for all your replies, much appreciated thankssign

One of things on my shopping list, while on holiday, is to stock up on Glock magazines! O:-)
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
crismaqsood
Home club or Range: NRA

#546 Post by crismaqsood »

I've got a few "new" guns to show off 😄
Only had my FAC issued a couple of months ago but been shooting for 2.5 years now so I had a very big itch to go out and sort out my gun cabinet...
.243 Ruger No1b Falling block
.243 Ruger No1b Falling block
.308 Rem 700 and .22lr Smith & Wesson
.308 Rem 700 and .22lr Smith & Wesson
.308 Rem 700 in AI stock
.308 Rem 700 in AI stock
.22 S&W is brand new
.243 and .308 are pre-loved but in pristine condition

Missing photos of 2 shotguns and another Ruger Bolt Action 77/22 (I know, I know... No photos no bragging rights, so I'll take some photos when I'm out and about)

I'm a happy girl

🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰
Ovenpaa

#547 Post by Ovenpaa »

It is great to see people are still buying guns and the sport continues.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#548 Post by TattooedGun »

New shotgun for me...

Second this year. I'd converted my semi-auto to a S1 with increased tube length which meant it doesn't really fit in at many clay grounds.

I got offered and snapped up a deal on a beretta silver pigeon pump action so went for that, but that's frowned upon at my local clay ground, too.
20230327_122608.jpg
So I bought myself another silver pigeon to keep it company. A Beretta Silver Pigeon V sporting.
20230528_104346.jpg
20230528_095148.jpg
Not full-bore rifles, but guns nonetheless.
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#549 Post by TattooedGun »

Not one of those photos is in the correct orientation... wallhead
Ovenpaa

#550 Post by Ovenpaa »

I cannot fault the SP V sporting, they are superb guns, inside and out. Just oner very minor thing to look out for... They suffer from minor corrosion (Rust) internally. This is not a criticism of Beretta but of EU legislation which meant manufacturers had to go to different surface finishes. So if it a used gun, it is worth dropping the stock off and just having a quick peak and maybe a light oiling (NOT WD40!) A small wipe of grease on the rear of the strikers and hammer springs is OK as well. Keep an eye on the strikers, cheap primers (They all are) pierce, which leads to burning of the striker and crap being vented into the action, which leads to more pierced primers and so on... Ejector springs need swapping every 12-18 months as well.

Brilliant guns and what I have pointed out is nothing in comparison to alternatives. Enjoy.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal