The "I've got a new gun thread"...

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: The "I've got a new gun thread"...

#471 Post by Blackstuff »

The first of my MARS compensation guns - a Guncraft .22WMR AR15
Attachments
WMR.jpg
DVC
Blackstuff

#472 Post by Blackstuff »

The second of my MARS compo guns - Southern Gun Co 9mm Lever-action AR15 :p
Attachments
SGC LA.jpg
DVC
Sim G
Past Supporter

#473 Post by Sim G »

Ooooohhhh!!! I appreciate they have been acquired due to adversity, but feck me, there’s a decent legacy!!!

Really interested in hearing about the performance of the WMR.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#474 Post by DaveB »

I just bought myself a Beretta 686 Silver Pidgeon shotgun in 20 gauge. Has it on order since May, and it finally arrived. I won't post a photo as everybody knows what a Beretta shotgun looks like (Just in case you do not, here's a review link https://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/sh ... r-pigeon-1)
Blackstuff

#475 Post by Blackstuff »

Sim G wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:50 pm Ooooohhhh!!! I appreciate they have been acquired due to adversity, but feck me, there’s a decent legacy!!!

Really interested in hearing about the performance of the WMR.
I've only had it out for zeroing but I'm impressed so far! The rifle itself is well made and solid, having only used a S&W 15-22 and Typhoon F12 as AR pattern rifles for the last few years I've missed the customary 'SPRONG' noise you get from an AR with a working buffer tube! lol It was producing 1/2" groups at 50m with CCI Maxi-mag and Winchester Super X. Will hopefully get to stretch its legs if I ever get a range date I can make for my outdoor rifle club! 8-)

The only thing I dislike is the magazines, which are US made Blackdogs. Only 13rd capacity and they look (and feel) terrible. I was glad to find the Magpul covers (seen in photo to cover them up). Guncraft have developed their own feed lips for them which apparently massively improves reliability (i've only used upgraded ones so don't have the comparison, but mine have all ran flawlessly so far)
DVC
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#476 Post by snayperskaya »

Blackstuff wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:35 pm The first of my MARS compensation guns - a Guncraft .22WMR AR15
Never been a fan of AR's but I like that a lot goodjob , Be interested to know how it shoots with
WMR :good:
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Practical shooter

#477 Post by Practical shooter »

Very nice blackstuff
450 Martini
Home club or Range: Swadlincote RPC

#478 Post by 450 Martini »

I picked this up last weekend.
It's a 1943 Longbranch No4 Mk 1* with a five groove barrel and a Mark 3 rear sight.
The picture is already slightly out of date as i have retouched some of the bluing on the lower band and foresight protector and added a 1943 Canadian marked sling.
This is my second No 4 after my 1949 Faz that i have owned since i was 18.
Attachments
No 4 Mk 1^.jpg
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#479 Post by TattooedGun »

I got hold of a second Lantac LA-SF with a view to taking it to Florida for Mini Rifle World Shoot in 2023 as a backup/second rifle.

Now to wear it in, check its return to zero/accuracy, function and reliability. :good:
Attachments
rifles.jpg
Sim G
Past Supporter

#480 Post by Sim G »

And picked myself up an Anvil Nitro Conversion to an Uberti Remington. This is their 4.5” Maverick. Got this second hand from a guy in the club, and it’s nigh on mint.

In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!