Taurus LBR - Adjustable Brace?

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

judders
Home club or Range: LPSC: Bisley & Longmoor. Wessex Rifles: Bulford & Warminster

Taurus LBR - Adjustable Brace?

#1 Post by judders »

Are the wrist braces on Taurus LBRs adjustable? Saw this one and noticed it's at an unusual angle to the others I've seen: http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sal ... 9121553001

Also, is the mod to change the brace to a weighted bar a DIY job, or a gunsmith effort?

Thanks,

Jud
paxtond

Re: Taurus LBR - Adjustable Brace?

#2 Post by paxtond »

All the ones I have tried have had a fixed brace. Having said that they have all been .357 instead of .44/45acp
judders
Home club or Range: LPSC: Bisley & Longmoor. Wessex Rifles: Bulford & Warminster

#3 Post by judders »

The one in my link above looks unusable though, surely it would get in the way of your arm?

Most that I've seen look more like this, with the brace pointing downwards, out of the way:http://images.gunstar.co.uk/Gun-Images/ ... 100314.jpg

I'm in the market for a .44 LBR, so will probably give them a call and ask directly, but thought I'd ask the good folk of FB-UK first.
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

In theory the brace can be replaced with something more elegant and less obtrusive. I have built them for other people in the past, in fact I think a couple of forum members are using them.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
judders

#5 Post by judders »

ovenpaa wrote:In theory the brace can be replaced with something more elegant and less obtrusive. I have built them for other people in the past...
Approximately, what would a mod like that cost?
Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

It depends on what they are going on and the design. I make them from stainless steel, polished if required and typically they are GBP10-15 each plus postage.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
judders

#7 Post by judders »

Thanks ovenpaa, useful to know. :good:
paxtond

#8 Post by paxtond »

Are they hard to change? I thought the brace was made on in way it was impossible to remove?
Ovenpaa

#9 Post by Ovenpaa »

I have no idea as I have just made the extensions and posted them out, as they have a plain end I assume they must be held captive with grub screws or similar. Mine were a thinner gauge material with a weight to counterbalance the barrel length. I have made them for a variety of different models in the past to customer specifications and they always seemed slightly different, I should have some drawings somewhere.
/d

Shed Journal
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#10 Post by Mike357 »

Once you remove the brace, does the LBP/LBR immediately become a Sect 5 gun? Even for that brief period in between changeover you could be in a tricky situation. Unless of course a suitably authorised RFD was doing it.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!