Uncrimping a magazine tube

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

Re: Uncrimping a magazine tube

#21 Post by saddler »

Mattnall wrote:
walesdave wrote:BTW: just re-read my last post and I want to make it really, seriously really, clear that I don't have any problem with any of the shooting organisations - UKPSA, 4islands, NRA, BASC etc. etc.

I probably would join at least one of them (have to say 4islands is probably the way I'd go) but in my own time and when I decide and not at the behest of an FEO. FYI: I don't think Gwent FEOs have ever heard of 4islands, he seemed a bit confused when I mentioned them....
But are you a member of a HO approved club which should be affiliated to the NRA?

Then you should be covered to shoot PSG.
Is the NRA not the governing body for TARGET SHOTGUN?
PSG is a slightly different kettle of fish....

I get what you mean though!
SHOULD be covered by the clubs NRA affiliation...
Chuck

#22 Post by Chuck »

Interesting posts -some very good ones - and it shows why we should all get together and stop all these acronyms from confusing the issues.

We are too fragmented for our own good. IMO of course
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
4Islander
Home club or Range: WNSC

#23 Post by 4Islander »

saddler wrote: Is the NRA not the governing body for TARGET SHOTGUN?

Saddler

The way I see it PSG is no different to target shotgun in the eyes of the law.

My FAC conditions say "the smooth bore gun(s)/solid slug shall be used for practical target shooting:-a. on ranges suitable for the safe use of that class of firearm and with adequate financial arrangements in place to meet any injury or damage claim, or b over a course of fire approved........etc"

The key part words are "practical target shooting" this surely covers both PSG & Target Shotgun & both should be covered now under the new guidance to police by simply having NRA membership or membership of an NRA affiliated club.

Im sure there are those from some associations who will be crying about it but its actually far better for us as shooters to have what was actually a state imposed monopoly on PSG broken, the sport will certainly be better for it, with new blood finding it easier to get involved.

4I
Mattnall
Home club or Range: NRA, Redricks TSC, BS1944RC, HRA

#24 Post by Mattnall »

saddler wrote:
Mattnall wrote:
walesdave wrote:BTW: just re-read my last post and I want to make it really, seriously really, clear that I don't have any problem with any of the shooting organisations - UKPSA, 4islands, NRA, BASC etc. etc.

I probably would join at least one of them (have to say 4islands is probably the way I'd go) but in my own time and when I decide and not at the behest of an FEO. FYI: I don't think Gwent FEOs have ever heard of 4islands, he seemed a bit confused when I mentioned them....
But are you a member of a HO approved club which should be affiliated to the NRA?

Then you should be covered to shoot PSG.
Is the NRA not the governing body for TARGET SHOTGUN?

But the NRA are a suitable club or association membership of which is good enough for the use (and acquire) of S1 shotguns. Whether you shoot PSG, IPSC or TSG is immaterial.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
walesdave

#25 Post by walesdave »

Hi All,

Just checked my clubs website and we are definitely Home Office approved. Not sure about the NRA affiliation though - can any other Dursley RPC members help me with that one?

Cheers

David