Remington 700 mag conversions...?

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Ovenpaa

Re: Remington 700 mag conversions...?

#11 Post by Ovenpaa »

SimG, I do not have an AI polymer mag to test with so I cannot confirm this however it should in theory.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Sim G

#12 Post by Sim G »

Right oh. I'll see if I can lay my hands on one. I'll email you with all of the details that I now have for two projects, to see what you think....!!!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Ovenpaa

#13 Post by Ovenpaa »

If you get stuck with the polymer magazine let me know and I will order one in. It will probably work out slightly cheaper as well as I may be able to tack it to an existing order.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Ovenpaa

#14 Post by Ovenpaa »

Please do bare in mind that this is an after market bottom metal so some inletting may be required however this should not be so difficult with some patience.
/d

Shed Journal
R.G.C

#15 Post by R.G.C »

ovenpaa wrote:If you get stuck with the polymer magazine let me know and I will order one in. It will probably work out slightly cheaper as well as I may be able to tack it to an existing order.
David,
As you know I have both the Badger and Atlas bottoms, and both .223 and .308 AI mags

Sim G,
I can confirm everycombination of the above fits and feed perfectly on my trigger testing 700 action wuth an eve, smmoother feed for the .223.
R.G.C