Extreme tumblers - COMING SOON

JDR imports reloading goods to order and has a special interest in historical carbines and all forms of S1 pistols and revolvers.

We also supply everything to do with wet tumbling, with machines ranging from the Rebel 17 to the large, industrial-sized CRC units.
rox

Re: Extreme tumblers - COMING SOON

#11 Post by rox »

jon17 wrote:All in all a real sexy beast of a machine!
erm........right.

When it comes to tumblers:

I like em....BIG! {clicky}
JD4570

#12 Post by JD4570 »

Yes the Thumler does 15lb and the Rebel 17 does 17lb. No need to hammerite the inside of the drum either.

The website I linked earlier is still under construction by the manufacturers and so it has the name wrong for this model.

Jon
JD4570

#13 Post by JD4570 »

rox wrote: When it comes to tumblers:

I like em....BIG!
clapclap

Classic scene - they just don't make films like that any more!
JD4570

#14 Post by JD4570 »

We're covering UK and Europe-wide sales for these machines, so if you are a business and want to stock these, please mail me direct on: sales@jdreloading.com

Jon
Maggot

#15 Post by Maggot »

Out of interest, would these have any effect on the dimensions of cleaned brass?

I have seen some that have been tumbled with SS media and it looked fine, very good actually, but mine have quite sharp mouths due to VLD chamfering for F/TR and I wondered if this would be affected by this form of tumbling?

I usually use ultrasonic, and I cannot see the point in the usual spit and sawdust tumbling as I am after clean pockets, insides etc, but steel tumbling has always intrigued me and seems like a much better mousetrap.
JD4570

#16 Post by JD4570 »

Maggot wrote:Out of interest, would these have any effect on the dimensions of cleaned brass? [...]
I don't think stainless tumbling abrades the brass or wears it down. I've done many loads myself and never found any thinning I could pin on anything other than age due to firing.

Anyone else on here got a Thumler and shoot in the same classes as Maggot? What did you find?

Maggot, would you like me to lend you mine for a week so you can try the method? It's a Thumler as no Rebel 17s in my hands yet, but it uses stainless. Let me know.

Jon
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#17 Post by phaedra1106 »

I've been using my SSM tumbler since Feb 2012 and haven't found any signs of it causing extra wear to the brass, whatever calibre.

My .308 brass is trimmed to length with a CTS case trimmer which gives a very, very clean cut, then finished with a Hornady Trio prep centre which leaves the case mouths with a very clean and sharp chamfer.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
John MH

#18 Post by John MH »

SS tumbling will dull the chamfer on your case mouths but they just need a slight touch to bring them back to clean and sharp, if that's what you are after.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#19 Post by Ovenpaa »

Maggot wrote:Out of interest, would these have any effect on the dimensions of cleaned brass?

I have seen some that have been tumbled with SS media and it looked fine, very good actually, but mine have quite sharp mouths due to VLD chamfering for F/TR and I wondered if this would be affected by this form of tumbling?
If you want to pop some in the post to me I can tumble them and send them back for you to try clapclap
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
spud
Home club or Range: Grovesmall Arms

#20 Post by spud »

jon17 wrote:We're covering UK and Europe-wide sales for these machines, so if you are a business and want to stock these, please mail me direct on: sales@jdreloading.com

Jon
Err not exactly correct Jon as i am a uk seller as well
ImageImage