Black rifles are good, But..

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

Re: Black rifles are good, But..

#21 Post by Demonic69 »

Charlotte the flyer wrote: Personally I'd like to see an L85 in .22. I'd even buy an L98 in 5.56 if anyone was selling one. I know they are not very good but it's the first full bore rifle that I fired.
I've searched and searched for an l98a1 or a2, apparently the RAF disposed of quite a few over the last few years but have refused answer any questions regarding private purchases.
I shot them as a cadet and would love to own one today.
Mattnall
Home club or Range: NRA, Redricks TSC, BS1944RC, HRA

#22 Post by Mattnall »

The Mod won't be selling the thousands of L98A1s recently removed from service to the public, or so I was told when they took mine.
There are a few in private hands and mostly re-imported Canadian Cadet Rifles but these are very rare to see for sale.
And I doubt you'll be allowed an A2 even if you do find one for sale :o
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
tackb

#23 Post by tackb »

An M4 in 22wmr
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#24 Post by snayperskaya »

Charlotte the flyer wrote:There are a selection of non AR style rifles available in 22 available at the moment.

The AK47, MP5, StG44, M1 Carbine, K98, Martini Enfield, AR7, Winchester type underlever etc are such examples.
The GSG and Jager .22lr AKs are awful (in my opinion) and verging on sacrilege to call them an AK.There is a .22lr AKM available from the Russian Izhmash factory, home of the Kalashnikov,
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Dougan

#25 Post by Dougan »

A Tompson would be fun...even in semi-auto.
Charlotte the flyer
Home club or Range: Classified

#26 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

ITL do a Ruger dress up Thompson but it's a bit marmity.

I think that the market is ripe for WW2 .22lr rifles based on how the StG is getting on. Anyone fancy setting up a business?
The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.
northumbrian
Home club or Range: A.S. Société de Tir Saint-Junien

#27 Post by northumbrian »

Valmet M76 chambered in 6.5mm Grendel.
Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer.... Just in case your friends turn out to be Ba***rds
Blackstuff

#28 Post by Blackstuff »

tackb wrote:An M4 in 22wmr
Sabre "We'll-have-the-shirt-off-your-back" Arms was toying with the idea of a .22wmr SLR/FAL for a while but it never got off the ground. Considering they were wanting £1200 for the .22lr version back in 2005, god knows what the price tag would be now kukkuk
DVC
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#29 Post by saddler »

northumbrian wrote:Valmet M76 chambered in 6.5mm Grendel.
...I always thought 6.5 Grendel was a bit inferior. Never knew it was a .22 rimfire chanbering though!
anpol

#30 Post by anpol »

snayperskaya wrote:
Charlotte the flyer wrote:There are a selection of non AR style rifles available in 22 available at the moment.

The AK47, MP5, StG44, M1 Carbine, K98, Martini Enfield, AR7, Winchester type underlever etc are such examples.
The GSG and Jager .22lr AKs are awful (in my opinion) and verging on sacrilege to call them an AK.There is a .22lr AKM available from the Russian Izhmash factory, home of the Kalashnikov,
Not being a great fan of the AK (you cannot even open a fridge without the whole lot coming out, slamming down on the floor, child cradles are made of the faux wood AK stocks here!) I feel like being obliged to report a new kid on the block of clones...

made by "Lucznik", Radom, Poland model Beryl M22.

Here's a resume (in Polish, ask for details if you feel like it, I don't feel like translating all that was written about that M22 black thing - not my tube of .22 rounds):
http://www.altair.com.pl/news/view?news_id=12023

The thing is new, they released the first batch soon after Christmas (what a timing!) - the cost over here is zl 3300 - 3500 (~UKP660) including a hefty distributor markup. Ask your local cornershop and eventually the economies of scale may bring the price down. The Yanks will get it for $660 a piece, no doubt with Walmart giving away one free with every 20 foot widescreen LCD next year :-D.

Some pics from one of the first owners (SN below 50) on:
http://bron.iweb.pl/viewtopic.php?t=111 ... &start=150
Never mind the language there, pictures are worth 1000 times more apparently.

The thing has some ZnAl components inside. Accuracy reportedly is good, trigger very good.
The looks, don't ask me. I would put lots of wood veneer over it and give to my wifey anyway.
.177 -- .69