Bora Arms Barak BR 99 12G Shotguns now available.

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Thorney
Home club or Range: Silverstone Shooting Centre

Re: Bora Arms Barak BR 99 12G Shotguns now available.

#21 Post by Thorney »

Blackstuff wrote:Hurry up The Running Man, hurry up! :lol: (He's buying my Supernova which i'm using to fund the purchase of one of these)

Dave, do you know if there are going to alternative fore guards available? e.g. railed

Cheers
Stock one is railed top and short rail at the bottom, I've put an afg on mine.
johngarnett
Home club or Range: Cornwall RC @ Millpool; Duchy Shooting Assn @ Zelah

#22 Post by johngarnett »

If only I'd waited sign01

Good luck with them. Now looking forward to 'The Shed @ The Phoenix' * for hands on!

JohnG :cornwall:

* No connection to The Inn On The Green for Bisley go'ers!
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#23 Post by snayperskaya »

The sites showing none is stock, is that correct?.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Ovenpaa

#24 Post by Ovenpaa »

The Shotguns are in Stock, the magazines are not. I have been looking at alternative forends amongst other things this morning.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dangermouse

#25 Post by Dangermouse »

Collected mine from Ovenpaa today and have now had a chance to play and cycle some dummy rounds.

Firstly I love it.It is light but I will be working on that.
The trigger is surprisingly sweet. I shall not say light but it is smooth and did not pull the gun off to the right.
The magazines are very well made with a substantial spring. Loading shells in will take some practice. I might take one apart and see if some can be cut away from the spring.
The magazines are held in place very securely. No side to side movement but some forward to back movement. I cycled several dummy rounds through pulling the magazine to the front and to the rear. I had no failure to feeds doing this which is reasuring.
At the moment the magazine is securely held in place and dose not fall out when the magazine release is pressed, requiring a good tug. The magazine well is plastic so there is room for some fettling.

The sights that came supplied are in my opinion useless which is a shame as they have many parts and are adjustable. Unfortunately the rear sight just doesn't work.
I have replaced them with a set of Mag Pul mbus flip up sights and they are looking really good. To be honest I would rather not have the front sight on something that is potentially going to move, we will see how it works.
The rear rail is metal with a v running along the middle. I initially thought that this was a aiming device but as you can't get your head in position to use it, it clearly isn't. The front hand guard rail is plastic.
This gun is light enough that I could see a eotech red dot and magnification unit working well on top, but a lot of dosh for such a cheap SG.
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Blackstuff

#26 Post by Blackstuff »

Thanks for the info DM, did you get a chance to use a 10rd magazine?

Also by this;
Dangermouse wrote:
I have replaced them with a set of Mag Pul mbus flip up sights and they are looking really good. To be honest I would rather not have the front sight on something that is potentially going to move, we will see how it works.
Are you referring to movement in the foreguard?
DVC
Dangermouse

#27 Post by Dangermouse »

No 10 round mags yet, got them on order.

Yes I was refering to the front hand guard but I have been playing some more this morning and don't think it will be on issue for normal PSG ranges. Maybe past 100 yards...

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
greenshoots

#28 Post by greenshoots »

is the top carry handle detachable?

greenshoots
Green by Design
Ovenpaa

#29 Post by Ovenpaa »

The top handle comes off to reveal a top Picatinny rail which is part of the upper.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Thorney
Home club or Range: Silverstone Shooting Centre

#30 Post by Thorney »

I've shot slug out to 100 with mine, eotech red dot and magnifier, seemed to work well enough.