SGC 9mm suppressors

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Ovenpaa

SGC 9mm suppressors

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

I fitted this reflex suppressor to a customer rifle the other day. Initially built as a dummy can to confirm fit for the SGC lever release 9mm we decided to reduce the diameter of the rear of the suppressor very slightly to ensure it was fully floating and without interference to the inside of the front tube. Once the fit and proportion had been confirmed Colin at OLC finished it with a strippable baffle stack and gave it a coat of paint and this is the finished job.
image (4).jpg

I must admit I like the look of the 9mm SGC with the can on the front as they compliment each other, they seem to shoot nicely as well. Something to add to my virtual gun cabinet
image (1).jpg
Sitting above the 9mm is a Barak BR99 with optional front grip/bipod and after market open sights. The BR99 and 9mm go well together and will make a handy combination come the day the Zombies rise

zzzzom
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Rburro2
Home club or Range: Uttoxeter rifle club

Re: SGC 9mm suppressors

#2 Post by Rburro2 »

I suspect its virtually silent now
Ovenpaa

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

It is at the range for testing by the customer tomorrow so hopefully he will be able to tell us about it in his own words.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Rburro2
Home club or Range: Uttoxeter rifle club

#4 Post by Rburro2 »

Been thinking of something like this for mine and like how it slides inside the handguard.
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

The reduced diameter allows it to fit quite snugly and keeps the overall length down as well so the general balance is maintained. Truth be known you could go a tad smaller with the suppressor however this style looks good.
/d

Shed Journal