Sec 7.3 & Bisley

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

IsleShoot

Sec 7.3 & Bisley

#1 Post by IsleShoot »

As Bisley is our national shooting centre is there or should there be a facility for using sec 7.3 firearms there?

Discuss...
greenshoots

Re: Sec 7.3 & Bisley

#2 Post by greenshoots »

as i understand it there already is,

greenshoots
Green by Design
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#3 Post by mag41uk »

Already available and has been for many years.
Primer

#4 Post by Primer »

IsleShoot wrote:As Bisley is our national shooting centre is there or should there be a facility for using sec 7.3 firearms there?

Discuss...
I guess the problem is you can't just take your 7.3 anywhere as you have to leave it at your nominated club. Can you get them RFD transferred between clubs?
When people ask stupid questions, I feel obligated to give sarcastic answers
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

A section 7.3 firearm becomes a section 5 once it leaves the club so it needs to be shipped accordingly. This means an approved S5 courier in a dedicated vehicle, additionally the HO guideline states if 6 or more firearms are carried the vehicle must have two occupants or words to that effect. This means you are paying for potentially two peoples wages, vehicle mileage and the shipping charge, it works out to be quite expensive..
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Blackstuff

#6 Post by Blackstuff »

When i was going through my Section 5 debacle with my Southern Gun Co. rifle i was told that a one way S5 trip from Durham to Bodmin would cost £800 (although that did come from bu!!$h!ter Bob ....)
DVC
Sim G

#7 Post by Sim G »

In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Robert303
Home club or Range: Vintage Arms Scotland. Full voting HBSA member

#8 Post by Robert303 »

Look in the revised Guidance to the Police for a list of designated sites if you are looking to start shooting 7.3. As mentioned earlier it can be very expensive getting stuff moved by Sec 5 carrier. You really need to find a few friendly Sec 5 dealers who are authorised as carriers and have them move it 'When they are going in that direction'.