Anyone got the TSC Long Barrel 1911 pistols?

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

dragonkid
Home club or Range: Still searching

Anyone got the TSC Long Barrel 1911 pistols?

#1 Post by dragonkid »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIstz0Xdlf8

Anyone got one, and can tell me if it is any good?
techguy

Re: Anyone got the TSC Long Barrel 1911 pistols?

#2 Post by techguy »

Yep, got one and I love it.

Had some issues with FTE after about 500 rounds. No amount of cleaning or polishing would fix it.Replaced the recoil spring for an uprated one and it's been 100% since.

I know a few others that have one, and they all love them too!
The Gun Pimp

#3 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Had one a couple of years ago. Did some work to accurise it - with a new barrel-bushing. It's no target pistol but recoils like a fullbore pistol so great fun to shoot.
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#4 Post by the running man »

Long barrell pistol = hand held rifle or odly configured carbine......i had the buckmark and the tsc they both dident do it for me......i spent nearly £900 on the buckmark tuning it and £500 on the tsc (which is made with the crappiest of metals btw)and still I could not get on with either one.....if the 97 ban was lifted I go straight out and order all my old guns.....

Wilson 686
h&k p9s
smith 686 red ramp
Ruger mk 3 .22
luger
kimber compact or officers .45 acp

I think ide like a glock and a sig p 210 too......
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Blackstuff

#5 Post by Blackstuff »

I'd advise trying one (just holding it as you're technically not allowed to shoot it :roll: ) and see what you think, they (and all LBF's) can be like marmite. I've noticed that people who haven't previously owned a normal handgun are more likely to get on with them
DVC
techguy

#6 Post by techguy »

I've not owned a normal handgun, but have shot quite a few in recent years. I agree, they aren't quite the same, but they are still good fun.

However, ask me in a couple of weeks after I get back from shooting real handguns and semi-auto rifles for a whole week! :)
Sim G

#7 Post by Sim G »

Tw@t....... :55: **** **** **** **** :55: ;)
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
techguy

#8 Post by techguy »

Don't worry Sim, I'll send you some pictures :)

Also....don't forget... Florida, April 2015?!!
CDM5
Home club or Range: Tidworth RPC & Bisley

#9 Post by CDM5 »

I picked up a new one over the weekend. Put a few hundred rounds downrange yesterday. It's plenty accurate enough for me! Happily plinking shotgun hulls at 25 meters.

Do all 1911 parts fit it? Parts I'd like to upgrade are the safety, sights, slide stop and barrel bushing.
Swifty Boy

#10 Post by Swifty Boy »

I've had one a couple of years now and been very pleased with it. No it's not made of steel like the Low Mills one but I don't think it needs to be. I have put thousands of rounds through mine without major problems. I have the odd stoppage where the nose of the round hits the top of the chamber and won't go in but on the whole it has been very good.

A couple of the guys at my club have had some issues with light strikes but this is after modifying their guns so can't really say if it's down to the gun or not. Sparkystu on here had some light strike problems with his that went away once the fake mod was removed. I have virtually always shot mine without it as I don't like the weight on the end of the gun.

A lot of 1911 parts seem to fit - I have fitted a standard safety, different grips, a straight back strap, an Ed Brown beavertail, a barrel bushing and a Novak cut adjustable rear sight. I think different slide stops should fit as the guys at the tunnel have done it. I have also added a steel recoil spring guide rod and different mag followers that give you 14+1.

I think if I was looking now I'd like to try out the K22 as well, it seems well built and it comfortable to hold. There's just something nice about the design of a 1911 though...