BR99 Billet lower serious interest list

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Ovenpaa

BR99 Billet lower serious interest list

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

I am about ready to kick this project off so I need to confirm the exact level of interest for the BR99 lower project. If you are seriously interested please reply to this thread with the number of lowers you require and the year of manufacture of your BR99. This is indicated by the serial number on the receiver which will start with either a 13- or 14-

Lowers will be finished in black anodised finish with an optional Cerakote finish if required. They will not be supplied with a hand grip or buffer tube however these can be purchased separately.

I can also be contacted by email david (at) shootingshed.co.uk if you have any questions you prefer to ask off forum.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
techguy

Re: BR99 Billet lower serious interest list

#2 Post by techguy »

Yes, just the 1.

Will confirm year of manufacture when I'm home later.
John MH

#3 Post by John MH »

1 for me but I dont have a BR99 yet.
Blackstuff

#4 Post by Blackstuff »

1 for me too. Mines a 2014. :good:

Are the lowers going to be threaded for a commercial size buffer tube or mil-spec?
DVC
techguy

#5 Post by techguy »

You can use either buffer tube in the lower, the threads are the broadly the same. The only difference is how the thread is cut in the buffer tube, and the o/d of the tube.

Both buffer tubes have the same thread dimensions, but the way the threads are made is different. Commercial tubes have cut threads, milspec tubes have rolled threads. Rolled threads are apparently stronger.

Happy to be corrected if I'm incorrect on any of the above, just what I have gleaned from a bit of really exciting reading on the subject!

Feel free to remove this post if you want to keep this thread just for registering intent to purchase so it doesn't get cluttered.
4Islander
Home club or Range: WNSC

#6 Post by 4Islander »

John MH wrote:1 for me but I dont have a BR99 yet.
Im in the same boat, but fully intend to get one so if I can buy the lower first & get the gun later then I'm in for one.

4I
Dellboy
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#7 Post by Dellboy »

any idea of a price ?
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

I am trying to keep the unit price as close to GBP300.00 as possible and will confirm the final price before we start making them.

There will also be the option to buy a fully finished and ready to go BR99 in one of four upgradable levels starting with Level 0 - Unmodified and out of the box as manufactured through to Level 3 - Which is a full build with billet lower, telescopic butt, new trigger, assisted forend, sling, Cerakote, open sights etc.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
StangGT
Home club or Range: Phoenix

#9 Post by StangGT »

ovenpaa wrote:I am trying to keep the unit price as close to GBP300.00 as possible and will confirm the final price before we start making them.

There will also be the option to buy a fully finished and ready to go BR99 in one of four upgradable levels starting with Level 0 - Unmodified and out of the box as manufactured through to Level 3 - Which is a full build with billet lower, telescopic butt, new trigger, assisted forend, sling, Cerakote, open sights etc.
Now that sounds like a plan! Please keep us posted...!
Dellboy
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#10 Post by Dellboy »

ovenpaa wrote:I am trying to keep the unit price as close to GBP300.00 as possible and will confirm the final price before we start making them.

now that sounds like the way to go ....
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.