BR99 Billet lower serious interest list

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
bofor
Home club or Range: Great WesternShooting Club

Re: BR99 Billet lower serious interest list

#51 Post by bofor »

David

Where are you on this ?
John
    Ovenpaa

#52 Post by Ovenpaa »

Looks like yesterdays reply was lost with the forum crash.

I am still working on the lowers and would say I am 6 weeks away right now.
    /d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
    Dangermouse

#53 Post by Dangermouse »

I was at a shoot yesterday and showed my gun around. Someone mentioned that they were thinking of bringing in a lower from T&N themselves as they thought Ovenpaa was taking a little too long.
    I had a little rant.

Firstly Ovenpaa is a one man (one woman and two dog) opperation, working from, as the name suggests, his shed. He does not have someone sitting in the office to design this for him then to convert that to the language a cnc machine can use.
    He does not have a cnc machine and can not just knock something up, which means that when he does access one, he getter have it right first time.
    T&T don't actually have the lowers they are advertising and anyone buying one will go on a waiting list. Additionally, their lowers are for the MKA, not the Bora. They may work, they may not. And that is of course if they can and are willing to send these to the UK.

Those of us that have dealt with T&N have enjoyed their good communication, fair prices and willingness to post to the UK. However the parts, although well made do not always fit as you would expect. A big enough pain for the fore ends but I for one don't fancy trying to get a Bora trigger mech & safety etc in to a MKA trigger housing that is just a little out.

I know Ovenpaa well enough to know that he will not hand this over until it works. That is worth waiting for in my opinion. Some builders take a year just to plumb a barrel onto an action and screw it to a stock, this is a little more than that!

Ovenpaa did not know I was writting this and we have not discussed it, he may not thank me, but it's my rant!

DM
    Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
    Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
    Dellboy
    Full-Bore UK Supporter
    Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#54 Post by Dellboy »

:goodjob:
    2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
    Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Thorney
    Home club or Range: Silverstone Shooting Centre

#55 Post by Thorney »

Dangermouse wrote:I was at a shoot yesterday and showed my gun around. Someone mentioned that they were thinking of bringing in a lower from T&N themselves as they thought Ovenpaa was taking a little too long.
    I had a little rant.

Firstly Ovenpaa is a one man (one woman and two dog) opperation, working from, as the name suggests, his shed. He does not have someone sitting in the office to design this for him then to convert that to the language a cnc machine can use.
    He does not have a cnc machine and can not just knock something up, which means that when he does access one, he getter have it right first time.
    T&T don't actually have the lowers they are advertising and anyone buying one will go on a waiting list. Additionally, their lowers are for the MKA, not the Bora. They may work, they may not. And that is of course if they can and are willing to send these to the UK.

Those of us that have dealt with T&N have enjoyed their good communication, fair prices and willingness to post to the UK. However the parts, although well made do not always fit as you would expect. A big enough pain for the fore ends but I for one don't fancy trying to get a Bora trigger mech & safety etc in to a MKA trigger housing that is just a little out.

I know Ovenpaa well enough to know that he will not hand this over until it works. That is worth waiting for in my opinion. Some builders take a year just to plumb a barrel onto an action and screw it to a stock, this is a little more than that!

Ovenpaa did not know I was writting this and we have not discussed it, he may not thank me, but it's my rant!

DM
    Agree entirely.
    techguy

#56 Post by techguy »

+1
    Ovenpaa

#57 Post by Ovenpaa »

Thank you for your support all. The BR99 lower is a challenging project not only in design, also in potential Patent issues and veiled threats along the way (Not from T&N!) DM you are absolutely right, I simply cannot afford to have half a dozen goes at trying to get this right because ultimately someone has to pay for the R&D.

On the subject of the forend fitup I have a solution that is simple, elegant and will be standard on all new BR99's with the T&N aluminium forend I build in future and means no rotational issues nor up and down movement, best of all the solution is invisible so no nasty bridging pieces or side plates to faff around with.
    /d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
    Blackstuff
    Full-Bore UK Supporter

#58 Post by Blackstuff »

Get yer solution out for the lads then! :shakeshout: tongueout
    DVC
    Primer

#59 Post by Primer »

Just picked up a BR99 today so if you can add me to your list David for the new lower if there's any left. sign92

How far off are we from having a finished product as just wondering whether to get the files out to open the mag well up to take the 10 rd mags or to hold on till the new lowers are finished?

Thanks
    When people ask stupid questions, I feel obligated to give sarcastic answers
    Blackstuff
    Full-Bore UK Supporter

#60 Post by Blackstuff »

ovenpaa wrote: I am still working on the lowers and would say I am 6 weeks away right now.
    Posted: June 18th + 6 weeks = Production esitmated to start 30th July.

Hoping to have mine in time for the Lvl3 Comp on 31st August fingerscrossed

I'm presuming the lack of posts on the forum from David mean he's busy at the moment, hopefully with these lowers! :good:
    DVC