FAC Renewals - Quality of Service survey

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
Robin128

Re: FAC Renewals - Quality of Service survey

#11 Post by Robin128 »

ovenpaa wrote:It is down to circulation surely? How do you contact people who are not club members?

Look at it a different way, how would you feel if you received a mail from the NRA this afternoon having never had any contact with them in the past?

The answer is in my post above...

Instead of the NRA membership number, they could have used FAC/SGC number and captured the data using a published website.
Christel
Site Admin

#12 Post by Christel »

Why not do it this way and involve their members on a more personal basis than a public website?
If BASC did the same then the result is beginning to look better.
Ovenpaa

#13 Post by Ovenpaa »

Robin128 wrote:The answer is in my post above...

Instead of the NRA membership number, they could have used FAC/SGC number and captured the data using a published website.
Urk... does this mean all the shooting organisations have access to my FAC/SGC/AKEx/EFP details? I would have thought/hoped they were very confidential.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
rox

#14 Post by rox »

Robin128 wrote:Instead of the NRA membership number, they could have used FAC/SGC number and captured the data using a published website.
So you expect people to just "happen across" this website by chance? and then submit details about their certificate renewals to a party they have no relationship with? How much do you expect to spend building this site and promoting it?

The point is to identify where there are problems, not to establish a statistically accurate representation of the whole population.
Robin128 wrote:This again demonstrates the narrow focus and thinking of the NRA.
lol

Robin128

#15 Post by Robin128 »

Now that's twice in the same thread I've been asked the same question, Rox ... and the answer is the same.

On costs, it is always cheaper to capture this sort of data using a website where the customer (ahem) keys in data directly, rather than a wee lass :) having to go thru form after form, interpreting, guessing, validating and verifying data. In addition, the questionnaire is pretty amateurish with the answers requiring interpretation rather than multiple choice etc On line, all this, as you probably know, can be validadted by the system before acceptance.

The stats must be representative, otherwise the authorities will quite rightly drive a coach and horses thru your findings.

Rox, with respect, you haven't a clue about stats do you?

The NRA has yet again missed its chance to embrace and represent the totality of the UK legal shooters and improve its failing image.

Again, their strategic objectives are just a piece of paper siting on a dusty lever-arch file.

Never mind..the NRA could have stood by and done nothing...so that is something.

:D
karen

#16 Post by karen »

Groan - doesn't matter what we do does it?! :cry:

As far as I know the email went to all members and clubs (who can then pass it onto their members). There is nothing to stop anyone passing it onto a non-member as I know Glynn wants to hear from everyone who has something to say.

The NRA database has some FAC/HOA details BUT only when people have given that info on their renewals - we have NOT got it by some devious underhand manner. Much of it is out of date (like my own club HOA info which I must get sorted!)

It may be other organisations are doing something similar - I don't know the answer to that.

We could have done a survey using an outside survey company but as previously pointed out it would mean the data might be accessible to undesirables or we would have to pay a lot of money to make sure it was secure. I was asked by Glynn to use our previous survey provider (which is free by the way) but I felt an email might be a bit easier as we are about to launch a membership survey shortly (and most importantly I am off on my hols on Sunday and didn't really have enough time to set it up - sorry :!: ). However the point about security is a VERY important one and I think we have done the right thing in emailing it.

I recently renewed my FAC whilst also moving address - one police force was crap but Surrey were great!

Love

Karen
Christel
Site Admin

#17 Post by Christel »

As previously stated I think this survey is a great initiative and can't see anything wrong in sending it out to NRA members only.

We have to start somewhere when we want to collect data and I for one am not keen on websites where I have to enter my personal data, an email from the NRA makes me feel a lot better.
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#18 Post by dodgyrog »

I'd like to see a satisfaction survey on the NRA themselves!!! I'll write it for them, if they want.
Delighted? I'm not!
However, that said, there are some really good staff there.
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
karen

#19 Post by karen »

dodgyrog wrote:I'd like to see a satisfaction survey on the NRA themselves!!! I'll write it for them, if they want.
Delighted? I'm not!
However, that said, there are some really good staff there.
Give us more money and more staff and I will personally attempt to delight you :shock:

Hopefully the upcoming membership survey should give you opportunities to tell those in charge what the problems are - I've designed it to have lots of blank spaces where you can write an essay if you wish.

The Imperial Meeting survey was a great success with more than 1200 replies and the first start on solving some of the problems is on the NRA website and in the next Journal. However that survey resulted in lots of constructive criticism and only a very small amount of whinging.

Constructive criticism is always welcomed - unfortunately when you spend virtually your entire life trying to make the NRA a better place and just get criticism whatever you do it is very demoralising and tiring (and yes I have had a long and tiring day today :cry: :cry: ).

All sympathy (and chocolate) gratefully received :lol:

Love

Karen
rox

#20 Post by rox »

Robin128 wrote:Now that's twice in the same thread I've been asked the same question, Rox ... and the answer is the same.
You'll have to spell it out for stupid me...

How do you get all the certificate holders in the country to visit the expensive website you've built and persuade them to submit their info when you don't have their contact details?