FAC Renewals - Quality of Service survey

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
Robin128

Re: FAC Renewals - Quality of Service survey

#21 Post by Robin128 »

I give up.
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#22 Post by dodgyrog »

karen wrote:Groan - doesn't matter what we do does it?! :cry:

As far as I know the email went to all members and clubs (who can then pass it onto their members). There is nothing to stop anyone passing it onto a non-member as I know Glynn wants to hear from everyone who has something to say.

The NRA database has some FAC/HOA details BUT only when people have given that info on their renewals - we have NOT got it by some devious underhand manner. Much of it is out of date (like my own club HOA info which I must get sorted!)

It may be other organisations are doing something similar - I don't know the answer to that.

We could have done a survey using an outside survey company but as previously pointed out it would mean the data might be accessible to undesirables or we would have to pay a lot of money to make sure it was secure. I was asked by Glynn to use our previous survey provider (which is free by the way) but I felt an email might be a bit easier as we are about to launch a membership survey shortly (and most importantly I am off on my hols on Sunday and didn't really have enough time to set it up - sorry :!: ). However the point about security is a VERY important one and I think we have done the right thing in emailing it.

I recently renewed my FAC whilst also moving address - one police force was crap but Surrey were great!

Love

Karen
Karen,
I still love you all!!!
Ask Heather about the screw up I've just suffered at the hands of the Training Dept. I can't believe you lot don't talk to each other even! :cry:
Heather saved the day for me (again) - thanks.
How many databases do you lot have???

Love and kisses.
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Convict_keeper

#23 Post by Convict_keeper »

Robin128 wrote:I give up.

Thank heavens for that

CK :lol:
Blackstuff

#24 Post by Blackstuff »

This survey was circulated on the UKPSA website too, so i'm presuming anyone can answer it?!
DVC
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#25 Post by dromia »

Definitely issues with contact lists.

Evidently Glynn Alger is having a regional meeting here up north in April but our club wasn't informed and seemingly individual members aren't informed either. This is a shame as it appears to assume that individual NRA members are also part of an affilliated club.

The secretary reckons its just me that the NRA doesn't want to communicate with, I assumed he was speaking in jest. :?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#26 Post by HeatherW762 »

The regional meetings are organised by the relevant regional representative. Unless they ask us for an up to date list we presume that they are in touch with all clubs in their region, as they are supposed to be!

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#27 Post by dromia »

Well whoever ours is he/she isn't. :(

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

dodgyrog

#28 Post by dodgyrog »

dromia wrote:Definitely issues with contact lists.

Evidently Glynn Alger is having a regional meeting here up north in April but our club wasn't informed and seemingly individual members aren't informed either. This is a shame as it appears to assume that individual NRA members are also part of an affilliated club.

The secretary reckons its just me that the NRA doesn't want to communicate with, I assumed he was speaking in jest. :?
Saturday 9th April - NRA meeting with Glyn Alger at the Memorial Hall, Darras Road, Ponteland, Northumberland. 14.00 - I'm going with the Chairman of the Three Counties Club. Organised by the Northern representative - a bloke called Black - anybody met him outside of the Newcastle club. He's a disaster for the NRA up here! :evil:
Feel free to join in the bun fight.
dromia
Site Admin

#29 Post by dromia »

I'm going alright as Chairmen of clubs are especially required to attend evidently.

Not expecting much other than prevarication but I'll say my piece secure in the knowledge that as much notice will be taken of it this time as there was the last time.

So this fellow Black is supposed to have an up to date list of all regional clubs and members then? I'll be certainly asking him about that and when he last checked the muster role of his Bailiwick. :evil:

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

dodgyrog

#30 Post by dodgyrog »

HeatherW762 wrote:The regional meetings are organised by the relevant regional representative. Unless they ask us for an up to date list we presume that they are in touch with all clubs in their region, as they are supposed to be!

Heather
You've got to be joking - the lemon up here is as much use as a chocolate fireguard! :evil: