FAC Renewals - Quality of Service survey

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
Christel
Site Admin

FAC Renewals - Quality of Service survey

#1 Post by Christel »

I got this in my inbox today and I think it is a good initiative from the NRA.

"
Dear Members,

The National Rifle Association is currently concerned that with the reduction in police licensing staff due to cuts in budgets there is the potential for a reduction in the quality of service provided to its members resulting in delays in processing FAC applications/renewals.

This being the case the Association feel it is necessary to survey its members to judge whether current service levels are appropriate, with a view to considering potential action in partnership with other national bodies in relation to any police forces that are failing in their service delivery.

The NRA requests that all individuals and club members who have met the correct application criteria and then suffered a delay in the issue of their FAC complete the following questionnaire:

1. NRA Membership/Club Affiliation Number:

2. Name:

3. Police Force to which FAC application was made:

4. Length of delay experienced:

5. Reason given for delay:

6. Under what conditions were you allowed to continue to possess and shoot firearms and ammunition:

7. Were you required to:

a) store your rifle with the club/FAC-holder/RFD:
b) how much did you pay for storage:

The Association appreciates your assistance in this matter, which will assist us in our discussions with Government regarding proposed increases in the cost of fees and the performance of police forces to deliver a good service.

Glynn Alger

Secretary General
"
Dangermouse

Re: FAC Renewals - Quality of Service survey

#2 Post by Dangermouse »

I also got the message and felt that it was a little one sided.
I feel that it will be hard for him to put the feedback into context if he does not know how many people were satisfied with the service they received.
10 people not happy sounds a lot until you hear that 200 were happy.

As someone who renewed my FAC in the last 6 months I know that the NRA computer system knows when you are dew for renewal. I do not think that it would have been too hard for him to have directed his question at everyone who had a renewal in the last 6 months.

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Christel
Site Admin

#3 Post by Christel »

If the NRA knows how many FAC holders there are and how many are up for renewal and when, then the "not so happy people" will be easy to put into context.

They do however have to put the "not so happy" into context with the "happy ones" because otherwise this survey makes little sense.
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Dangermouse wrote:I also got the message and felt that it was a little one sided.
I feel that it will be hard for him to put the feedback into context if he does not know how many people were satisfied with the service they received.
10 people not happy sounds a lot until you hear that 200 were happy.

As someone who renewed my FAC in the last 6 months I know that the NRA computer system knows when you are dew for renewal. I do not think that it would have been too hard for him to have directed his question at everyone who had a renewal in the last 6 months.

DM
Also odd not to include SGC's I renewed mine start of the new year and meanwhile my old one expired, the FEO told me not to worry as I was on the system and my SGC would show up in due course.

I know it has been five years since I did it last but I always thought they took your old SGC off you, I posted mine out with my application and go it back a week later with a note saying hang onto this until your new one shows.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Robin128

#5 Post by Robin128 »

Restricting his sample to NRA members only will not give a reliable and representative picture of the statistical population of FAC holders renewing and totally ignores SGC renewals.

It also adds bias to his sample by excluding those that only hunt.

This again demonstrates the narrow focus and thinking of the NRA.
Christel
Site Admin

#6 Post by Christel »

I do not agree with that Rob,

This survey has been launched to help NRA members...so if one wants to be a part of the survey and benefit from it, join the NRA.
Ovenpaa

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

This is from the NRA for the NRA and affiliated members and I suspect no NRA members would be quite unhappy to get an email from GA, it would open up all sorts of questions.

Thing is how many UK club shooters are in clubs not affiliated to the NRA?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Robin128

#8 Post by Robin128 »

It's a scientific fact that the sample will be biased, Christel. ;)

When the survey results are known and published to the authorities, they will quite rightly be able to say that they are biased and therefore unrepresentative of the population and unreliable.

The NRA should have referred this to their consultants...people qualified like myself to give a professional opinion...they would have told them exactly the same thing.

Instead of the NRA membership number, they could have used FAC/SGC number and captured the data using a published website.

:D
Robin128

#9 Post by Robin128 »

ovenpaa wrote:Thing is how many UK club shooters are in clubs not affiliated to the NRA?
Why restrict it to club shooters?
Ovenpaa

#10 Post by Ovenpaa »

It is down to circulation surely? How do you contact people who are not club members?

Look at it a different way, how would you feel if you received a mail from the NRA this afternoon having never had any contact with them in the past?
/d

Shed Journal