Reloading with 7mm Berger Hybrids

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Alpha1

Re: Reloading with 7mm Berger Hybrids

#11 Post by Alpha1 »

Adam what are they talking about can you translate into English please.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#12 Post by dromia »

Basically Dave the condom mob are beginning to understand what we cast boolit shooters have known all along, that the correct boolit/bullet for the application and boolit/bullet fit is key to accurate shooting.

So now the condom makers are starting to produce better fitting and higher BC bullets, the bergers are supposed to have a "dual" ogive than gives the good bullet fit or bearing surface fit as they call it (throat) for concentric alignment with the rifling associated with the tangent ogive bullets then adjoining the low BC profile of secant ogive bullets.

For accurate long range bullets you need weight combined with velocity to keep it super sonic and wind resistant out to the desired range, think slow deceleration. Upping the velocity also changes the BC of a bullet. As is known by the BP cartridge boys as this was very evident on their slow moving heavy boolits. So in the search for long range accuracy very high BC boolits are being developed. Basically long and slim for the calibre is good but then you can get twist rate issues, so it is an eternal compromise.

Lapua is also developing a new range of better made bullets, higher concentricity, more consistent jacket thickness weight etc. Sound familiar.

No doubt these new generation of super bullets will require the surrendering of major body organs to pay for them and swell the profit coffers of the condom makers.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Alpha1

#13 Post by Alpha1 »

Ha I see. Far to much of a faf on why dont they just buy a mould job done.
I am a happy bunny my Son is getting back on his feet he has just moved into a new house he has moved all his gear I was storing for him in my out house. I can reach all my casting gear at last I am sure the smelting pot whistled at me when I stuck my head in the door. I am dusting of my moulds I feel a session coming on De Dum De Dum all ways look on the bright side of life.
6.5x55 to start me thinks. :lol: :lol: :lol:
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#14 Post by dromia »

Glad to see you cheery there Dave. Image

Its a nice refreshing counterpoint to the miserable b*****d persona you do so well. :lol:

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Ovenpaa

#15 Post by Ovenpaa »

dromia wrote:Basically Dave the condom mob are beginning to understand what we cast boolit shooters have known all along, that the correct boolit/bullet for the application and boolit/bullet fit is key to accurate shooting.
<snip<
No doubt these new generation of super bullets will require the surrendering of major body organs to pay for them and swell the profit coffers of the condom makers.]
Nicely explained. Now when are we going to see the rest of your new avatar? ;)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal