Mass shootings

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Chuck

Re: Mass shootings

#31 Post by Chuck »

SevenSixTwo: agreed to a point but by doing so the police are "seen to be doing something". Look at those clowns taking selfies at the Australian siege a few weeks ago! The thing is that that is ALL the police can advise us to do because all defensive weapons are deemed OFFENSIVE and S5, they (the police) cannot protect us but I bet all shiite would happen in your life if you overpowered and killed some terrorist. Really, what CAN the police advise before someone goes on about "taking the law into your own hands" or other nonsense.

As yet, there are very few suggestions that are in advance of / better than the ACPO stuff...remember the police wanted us to be victims and give in to criminals at every turn.............and they got their wishes!

Toffe Wrapper: :good: agreed there....especially since they knew they were at risk. Usual story: DENIAL - the Number ONE mistake that people make when it comes to being a victim of crime.

Dodgyrog: beat me to it.... lol :good:
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

#32 Post by Gaz »

bradaz11 wrote:
RobB wrote:Anyone who commutes via London Bridge (the picture was of an deserted station-definitely NOT London Bridge) will tell you you won't be able to run. I've never seen a crowd packed in like sardines be able to run.
i was going thru bank / monument last night on the way to the classic car motor show at the NEC, and i said exactly the same thing about there, its a bloody maze down there!
One suicide bomb in the Central Line/Waterloo and City line junction hall bit at rush hour would probably kill about 100 instantly and paralyse the Tube network for days. The consequent economic damage would be measured in the billions.

An IED on two London Bridge High Level platforms, or even the new Brighton lines/Low Level concourse, would probably kill about the same number of people.

Still, if you change your way of life "just in case", these barbarians have won. I'm not afraid.

If it happened? Heck knows what I'd do. I'd like to think if I was close enough I'd have a crack at stopping the shooters, but I suspect I'd probably freeze and leg it as soon as I get muzzle-swept.
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.
Chuck

#33 Post by Chuck »

Still, if you change your way of life "just in case", these barbarians have won. I'm not afraid.

It's not about being changing your way of life (although as a country our way of life HAS been changed substantially since these people started their shenanigans) and being afraid is it??, Is it not more about sensible precautions and personal safety? Being aware of your surroundings and what's going on?

Most of the people on here will be resilient and self sufficient no matter what, the general population is another matter.

JRN:
The best advice as I see it is to remain vigilant at all times wherever you are, in the workplace, public transport, social event etc, do not take anything for granted, report anything suspicious no matter how significant, let the authorities decide if it matters.
:good:
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
toffe wrapper

#34 Post by toffe wrapper »

Its also about being a bit more aware, and knowing that these sort of attacks are rare but unpreventable.

The police need the public to help and want our help in reporting things.

And also carrying on with our lives and not letting them make us live in fear or stop our way of life.

TW
Chuck

#35 Post by Chuck »

It's not the terrorists that interfere with our lives, it's our bloody government implementing laws and intrusions that are foisted on those least likely to commit a terrorist attack.

What you say is of course correct toffe wrapper. :good:
Mezzer
Home club or Range: Morecambe Rifle & Pistol Club

#36 Post by Mezzer »

Chuck wrote:It's not the terrorists that interfere with our lives, it's our bloody government implementing laws and intrusions that are foisted on those least likely to commit a terrorist attack.

What you say is of course correct toffe wrapper. :good:

+1

Mezzer
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#37 Post by HALODIN »

Brilliant! clapclap lol
mag41uk wrote:At Calais why don't they park up a few artics that are easy to get into, let the buggers climb in,close the doors and drive them off to somewhere ending in stan?
Richardd
Home club or Range: My very own back garden

#38 Post by Richardd »

I read this thread expecting a surfeit of thinly disguised racist nonsense but it's actually an interesting read. I can only explain a little of my experience and training and none of the background to please bear with me whilst I offer a different and possibly more practical perspective.

If someone is prepared to die in the attempt to take yours then you have little chance of stopping them trying. To get to you they need to be lucky once where you need to be lucky all the time. Have some perspective on the risks and chill out a little ;-)

I have spent over 25 years involved in advising organisations how to identify and remove 'public order' type risks from their events, buildings and people. My training did not come from the UK and I have been involved, mercifully, in only 2 or 3 live situations that needed my training (at the level we are discussing). All my experience comes from the UK. I am not military, nor Law Enforcement but I work with both regularly.

Firstly Toffe Wrapper is spot on. If we dramatically restrict the way we live our lives, and the way we treat people as a result of the terrorists' threats and actions then, ultimately, we will hand them victory without them having to further lift a finger. We can and should introduce sensible precautions akin to locking your front door when you go out or go to bed but there's no need to make into Fort Knox - they be locked out but you are trapped in!

Out in public places in the UK where firearms are a rarity we have no prevention which practically possible so what should we do? Short answer is hide, play dead, slide under dead bodies and do what you need to get back to your family. Someone shooting randomly while shouting Alahu Ahkba or similar is unlikely to show you mercy and anyone of a similar but non-religious bent is fecking crazy and not to be trusted. Aim to be a living hyena not a dead lion.

If you can't hide, can't get out and especially if there are a good number of you then attack back. Throw missiles, shoes, stones, bags while screaming your lungs out and then rush the b****** - they can't kill all of you and if you sit meekly you're as good as dead (not applicable in a hostage situation).

In any case ... act FAST.

We are all shooters here but even at home our guns are worse than useless. We have no right to use them for self defence, nor for scaring people off, nor for threatening. Even in Scotland where, in the case of you being "in fear for you or your family's safety" you can use 'appropriate' force when dealing with an attacker can you use your firearms. In any case, your guns should be made safe before storage and your ammo held in a different location so if you have time and opportunity to get your gun, you have enough to get the hell out of the place and call the Police. Yes they might be ineffective but that still does not excuse you, in Court, of perforating some lowlife who is better of out the gene pool.

Best way to avoid being punched is to not be there when it lands
Poking the grim reaper with a big stick then running away

The devil made me do it, but God said it was okay with him
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#39 Post by HALODIN »

I had to re-read the OP's question. With respect to the bit below, I don't think I could forget. Acting a coward is diametrically opposed to my genetic makeup. Yes it will probably get me killed, but I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees. bangbang
toffe wrapper wrote:Forget being a hero think stay alive.
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#40 Post by froggy »

Re-Richardd & Halodin,

If you can't hide, can't get out and especially if there are a good number of you then attack back. Throw missiles, shoes, stones, bags while screaming your lungs out and then rush the b****** - they can't kill all of you and if you sit meekly you're as good as dead (not applicable in a hostage situation).

Yes the idea is to remain alive. When escape is impossible, better to attack when shooting is imminent. Rally as many of the other potential victims as possible to have a group "rush". In the 1,5 secondes it takes to run 8 meters the shooter can merely fire more than 3/4 rounds that will be badly adjusted due to the projectiles just thrown. As shooters, we all know a bullet does not have a magical guiding system that will make them hit every single fast moving targets...
In the immediat threat of a suicide bomber, Bataclan style for exemple, if you have not got time to run from cover to cover to create space between you & the blast, then lie on the floor, your feets towards the nice muslim saying his prayers before the "click", your head away from the imminent explosiont, your head covered, your thumbs on your ears and your mouth open.

Well that is the Israeli theorie we are being thaught anyway ... in practice I dont know what I would do.
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/