Annealing Cups

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Ovenpaa

Annealing Cups

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

Another batch of annealing cups being assembled, machined from 6082 T6 with a 316 stainless shaft and stainless screw they should last a lifetime and longer. I bore the inner diameter for a precise fit so the cases are snug and do not rattle around and the case heads are protected by the aluminium which acts as a heat sink, I would never say you do not need to worry about annealing time however the design of these cups is such that you would have to work very hard to damage the case head.

These have just had the shafts glued in which in conjunction with the screw means they will never come loose and run perfectly true, now the final operation is a wipe over with Acetone to remove final finger prints. One of the GB F/TR team who uses one told me they are massively over engineered which I look on as a compliment. The odd thing is although I make hugely complex and rather expensive annealing machines these are the solution I prefer for ease of use.

:p

Standard sizes such as .223 and .308 Bolt face are always in stock and cost GBP14.95 plus some postage, larger sizes such as .338LM are to order and cost a little bit more.

We also stock Tempilaq to suit.
DSC_2097.jpg
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dannywayoflife

Re: Annealing Cups

#2 Post by Dannywayoflife »

I'll have to have one of these from you on payday Davy!
Ovenpaa

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

I will ask the Viking to put one aside as they seem to be going down quickly.

.308?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dannywayoflife

#4 Post by Dannywayoflife »

Yes please matey the cheque for the rail work should have arrived with you by now mate. Sorry for te delay my life is a tad mental at the moment
Maggot

#5 Post by Maggot »

Dannywayoflife wrote:Yes please matey the cheque for the rail work should have arrived with you by now mate. Sorry for te delay my life is a tad mental at the moment
What do you mean..."Your life" lol

Dave, give him an 8 bore, he will group better :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Good luck mate :good:
Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

Oddly enough I have built 8 Bore annealing cups in the past to go with the 8 bore brass cartridges I built a while ago, I may even have a picture :p
/d

Shed Journal
Maggot

#7 Post by Maggot »

ovenpaa wrote:Oddly enough I have built 8 Bore annealing cups in the past to go with the 8 bore brass cartridges I built a while ago, I may even have a picture :p
I know, I have one, still in the bag to keep it pristine.....cheers mate :good:
Alpha1

#8 Post by Alpha1 »

Why a 316 stainless shaft and stainless screw. Why not the whole thing out of aluminium. (Oops I just reread your post self explanatory.)
Ovenpaa

#9 Post by Ovenpaa »

I could machine them with an integral shaft however it would soon mark and start to look second hand in the jaws of a drill chuck and I like our work to look good and last a lifetime.
/d

Shed Journal
techguy

#10 Post by techguy »

Dave, have you got any details of your annealing machine?

The cups are great btw, I have couple :)