F Class / F/TR training weekend

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Alpha1

Re: F Class / F/TR training weekend

#21 Post by Alpha1 »

Thanks
spud
Home club or Range: Grovesmall Arms

#22 Post by spud »

i did this course last year with mik mak and co and to be honest i cant rate it highly enough

if the dates were kinder to me this year i would be back there again plus you get to shoot at bisley against world champions

its not evey day you can do that
ImageImage
lapua338

#23 Post by lapua338 »

Hi guys,

Just a quick question... would I be wasting my time on the training weekend with a standard CZ 550 Kevlar Varmint chambered in 0.308W. Will it run out-of-steam at 800 yards plus? While I'm sat here writing this I've just thought of something else... elevation! I have a range of 75 MOA of elevation adjustment on my scope but I may also have a lack of elevation at the greater distances!?

I'm experiencing a mental block at the moment. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ovenpaa

#24 Post by Ovenpaa »

At something like this you can never waste your time, and 35MOA will get you to 1000 yards give or take a bit. What weight bullets are you shooting?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
lapua338

#25 Post by lapua338 »

Thanks ovenpaa, I've been using 185gn LAPUA D46's in my reloads.
spud
Home club or Range: Grovesmall Arms

#26 Post by spud »

lapua338 wrote:Hi guys,

Just a quick question... would I be wasting my time on the training weekend with a standard CZ 550 Kevlar Varmint chambered in 0.308W. Will it run out-of-steam at 800 yards plus? While I'm sat here writing this I've just thought of something else... elevation! I have a range of 75 MOA of elevation adjustment on my scope but I may also have a lack of elevation at the greater distances!?

I'm experiencing a mental block at the moment. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

the course is worth doing just for the wind reading semiar , you may be unluckey as the places may now be all taken but check with mik mak
ImageImage
The Gun Pimp

#27 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Lapua338,

The purpose of the Course is to answer this type of question - and prepare you for your first competitive shoot.

There is reloading aspect to the Course which will advise on 308 loads, powders and bullet weights etc.

But, I would strongly advise loading some 155's with Vit N540 powder - out of a 26 inch barrel you will need about 36MOA from 100 to 1000 yards. However, only an on-range test will verify for certain if you have enough adjustment, so a good opportunity to find out when it doesn't matter.

Cheers
Vince
lapua338

#28 Post by lapua338 »

Vince,

Thank you for the reply.

Many thanks,
Greg
MikMak

#29 Post by MikMak »

Hi Guys,

The Association now has 2 new F/TR Rifles, which will be avail for use during the course, ammo provided at cost.

The rifles were put together by donated parts and look quiet stunning, so anyone wishing to come along and doesnt have a rifle is welcome to use the
F Class Associations Rifles.

As Gun Pimp says, the aims of the course are to prepare people to start competitive shooting and try and pass on some knowledge in a
relaxed atmosphere. You will also meet some nice like minded people and talk guns all weekend, what could be better :D
sanselm

#30 Post by sanselm »

Greg,

What MV are you getting with the 185's? 2750 is the equivalent of lobbing a 155 out at 3,000 fps so you would not be disadvantaged if you could get near that.

Stuart