Stoeger M3000 Semi-Auto

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Ovenpaa

Stoeger M3000 Semi-Auto

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

The first of the Stoeger M3000 Semi-Auto shotguns arrived on Friday and I rather like it.

The M3000 is an inertia driven semi auto so it should run cleaner and has a rotating bolt head for aa solid lock-up. The M3000 is chambered for 2-3/4 inch and 3 inch cartridges and you can swap from one to the other with no changes, it also comes with a couple of spare chokes (Beretta/Benelli pattern by the look of it) and what looked like some stock adapters, any more I cannot say as it came in and was gone in under three hours however I did have a bit of a look.

The version that came in was the 28 inch barrel version 5 shot and at 3.4kgs/7.5 Lbs it felt well balanced and solidly built. The load port will probably benefit from being opened up slightly and it is screaming out for a few after market items such as an extended magazine release and oversized bolt handle. Also a longer magazine tube and clamp is going to be a must for competition use and we will be bringing a few such items for customers.

I have since read that the receiver comes pre-drilled for a weaver type rail however I must admit I did not spot this when I was giving it a look over.

First impressions? Well it looks and feels good and has a reputation for reliability so at around GBP520 plus some RFD transfer fees if necessary it makes for a good cost effective alternative to some of the other options available.

Would I have one? Absolutely!

/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

Re: Stoeger M3000 Semi-Auto

#2 Post by Demonic69 »

I thought they'd stopped making them, couldn't find one when I was looking!
Ovenpaa

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

They are certainly available now :p
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#4 Post by meles meles »

Looks tasty ! At £250 it seems pretty good value too - how might it stack up against a Baikal ?

Do they do a Section 2 version?
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

The Section 2 version is around the GBP400 mark.
/d

Shed Journal
Demonic69

#6 Post by Demonic69 »

400 for section 1? Crikey! How much for you to fettle the loading port?
Ovenpaa

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

That was a typo, the price is as the very first post, around GBP520.00 for Section 1 and around GBP400 for Section 2 and yes I can do the load port as well if required.
/d

Shed Journal
Demonic69

#8 Post by Demonic69 »

If you could get a price with loading port, extension, bolt release etc I think you could do well!
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#9 Post by Mike357 »

I've had mine about a year now. Performed really well with slug and shot. Can be fussy over cartridge length and needs to be kept reasonably clean, once every couple of hundred rounds usually does.

Rails available from EGW. A SHED bolt handle would be nice :wave:
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Ovenpaa

#10 Post by Ovenpaa »

I am tempted to make a few bolt release catches, bolt handles and maybe some tubes if there is enough demand for them.
/d

Shed Journal