Polishing

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Ovenpaa

Polishing

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

I always try to batch any polishing as it is a filthy job so if I can get away with polishing only once or twice a week I will. Today is a polishing day and this was the first lot to be finished and ready for cleaning. Things get quite scary at this stage as any identification such as marker pen notes on the item have been polished and guides tend to look very similar, as an example the cleaning rod guide for a 7mm08 or .308WIN for a Remington 700 are virtually identical.

The image shows a variety of items including Accuracy International rear bag riders, I usually have these anodised or Cerakoted however these have been polished. There are also some guides for AIs including the AW and AXMC which are slightly different, a Stolle Panda and a .204 Ruger for a Remington 700. The T handled thing near the middle is a hex ended T bar for the stock bolt for the BR99 and similar shotguns, this is the basic model however I also build them with stainless shafts if asked for.

Next job is the cleaning which involves copious amounts of Acetone and cotton buds before the O rings are fitted and the guides packed for shipment. This lot has gone now and I have a load more to keep me occupied this afternoon. Deep joy...
Polishing.PNG
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal