Dynamic Pistol Class / July 2015

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

Re: Dynamic Pistol Class / July 2015

#61 Post by TattooedGun »

Left - Right
Froggy, Luboš, Christian, Felix (Really Cool guy from Burkina Faso), Me, Dave (From Froggy's home club) and Yash (From froggys home club).
Our furry friend was holding the camera, but he found it quite hard without opposable thumbs...
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#62 Post by HALODIN »

Thanks, always interesting to put names to faces. I'd really want Felix on myself if TS ever HTF!
TattooedGun

#63 Post by TattooedGun »

You'd want him on yourself...? Well, I'm just not even going to go there... >.< :p
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#64 Post by HALODIN »

Bloody auto-correct. I think it should have said "my side"! lol lol lol
froggy
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#65 Post by froggy »

The post on your blog is a perfect complement to "So B Badger"daily up-dates .
Excellent write up Malabar - thanks :good:
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
TattooedGun

#66 Post by TattooedGun »

froggy wrote:The post on your blog is a perfect complement to "So B Badger"daily up-dates .
Excellent write up Malabar - thanks :good:

:good: lol
techguy

#67 Post by techguy »

Nice... I'm going to have to go on one of these trips at some point... but I do have a personal hatred of Glocks ;)

TG: One thing I noticed from your videos with the pistol, is be careful with the muzzle when you're running.. you did muzzle sweep the cameraman a few times when you were swinging your arms mid-run.

From a competition perspective, if you ever do any comps (IPSC, 3 gun etc) you would get DQ'd for that... when running with a pistol, having it out in front of you is the preferred way (that way, you know where your muzzle is at all times as it's in your field of view)

I think the heat would kill me, so might have to do it at a more sensible time of year than July! :D
TattooedGun

#68 Post by TattooedGun »

techguy wrote:Nice... I'm going to have to go on one of these trips at some point... but I do have a personal hatred of Glocks ;)

TG: One thing I noticed from your videos with the pistol, is be careful with the muzzle when you're running.. you did muzzle sweep the cameraman a few times when you were swinging your arms mid-run.
We were told how we could run with the pistols, so it was within the safety of what we were doing as we were told that the cameraman and instructor would find somewhere safe to run behind. Fingers off triggers and safety in hand whilst running.
techguy wrote:From a competition perspective, if you ever do any comps (IPSC, 3 gun etc) you would get DQ'd for that... when running with a pistol, having it out in front of you is the preferred way (that way, you know where your muzzle is at all times as it's in your field of view)
That's cool to know, again though, the techniques here are not competition, but for combat training. Of course they could be interchangable, but the rules may not be exactly the same.
techguy wrote:I think the heat would kill me, so might have to do it at a more sensible time of year than July! :D
The heat was exhausting. really by the 3rd day I felt completely drained... not getting enough sleep didn't help, but the heat really takes it out of you.

We're just running round in it for fun with minimal gear, can't help but think how crazy it is for troops in Afghan etc... A lot of respect to those guys.

Next time, it will be cooler when we go!! :D
techguy

#69 Post by techguy »

I only pointed it out in case you were thinking about doing any competitions in the future :)
TattooedGun

#70 Post by TattooedGun »

techguy wrote:I only pointed it out in case you were thinking about doing any competitions in the future :)
:good:
I watched again, and I realised that I did sweep the camera man with the unloaded weapon at the end, which definitely was bad form. I got a little excited as I'd seen the time I'd posted. I was aware that it was empty however, still bad discipline. :(