Champagne at Bisley

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

Champagne at Bisley

#1 Post by Gaz »

I had a great time yesterday shooting the Total Oil Drum TR match. Good bit of banging away followed by fizz, strawberries and cream on the range in the blazing sunshine. Top hole! Pip pip! lol
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Champagne at Bisley

#2 Post by IainWR »

On behalf of the Royal Air Force Target Rifle Club, whose match it is, thank you for your kind words.

Any club who wants to join this match for 2016, for the (physically) biggest trophy on the Common, please do contact the RAFTRC. Conditons: team of 30, all to count, National Match course of fire except 6 firers per target, one hour at each distance. The idea is that you don't win by getting your best shooters out, you avoid losing by looking after the bottom end of your team properly, thus introducing lots of people to how high-level team competition works while having a fun afternoon out. The RAFTRCs sponsors cover the refreshments, so it costs just the price of the targets and ammo (byo, any commercial). Win at your peril, you have to take the trophy (a nickel-plated 45 gallom oildrum) away!
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

Re: Champagne at Bisley

#3 Post by TattooedGun »

I wish HWRA could get a team of 30 together! We struggled to find a team of 6 the other week :(

Any teams looking for another member to enter...? :D