Replacement scales

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Dangermouse

Replacement scales

#1 Post by Dangermouse »

I should be getting my replacement scales, either today or tomorrow, I will up date that thread as and when they arrive.

I was thinking and have a niggle,
When replacing any part of the re loading process you would be recommended to do another set of test rounds etc.
Do you think that would be necessary with replacement scales?
I thought that if need be I could pull one of the loads that I made up last week and make sure it ways the same,

What thinks you?

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Replacement scales

#2 Post by dromia »

So long as your using the same check weights as the previous scale then it shouldn't be an issue.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Dangermouse

#3 Post by Dangermouse »

Unfortunately they were cosmetically part of the set and went back with the old scales.

It is a fair point, I have little confidence when it is my head, quite literally, in the firing line, that all their 10gn and 50gn weights are actually that. certainly the old scales refused to ever accept the previous 10gn weight as that, always reading 9.99,

Think I will be pulling a round and going from there,

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Good point, electronics *should* be equal all things given, however it could be +/- 2/10ths of a grain difference. Give the time of year you developed the load and current temperatures it may be worth dropping the load a bit and putting a chrono across it.

Get a 5p piece and weigh it, write the weight on it and keep it safe so you have a check weight, look on it as insurance and you will probably never need it again but it will be a handy reference.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dangermouse

#5 Post by Dangermouse »

Good news,
The scales are measuring the same, so in theory I can keep my loads the same,

Bad news,
It turns out that the powder funnel was not part of the kit that I sent back and as a consequence they have not sent me one to replace it!

DOH!

DM
Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

Good, so you can start loading again. Do you mean the funnel for charging cases? If all else fails a piece of paper taped into a small funnel would work.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dangermouse

#7 Post by Dangermouse »

Yep that's the one. Will pick one up at the Phoenix - Big spender me!

DM
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

I may even have a spare if you want :)
/d

Shed Journal