CAS - Cowboy Action Shooting - Startup Club ??

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
qws
Home club or Range: BWSS Member, North Cotes Butts

Re: CAS - Cowboy Action Shooting - Startup Club ??

#31 Post by qws »

These are by CAS guns. I can loan to anyone who wants to have ago (except the S1 Shotgun)

So even if your not sure once we have a venue come along and give it ago - it's fun
Remington .44 1858 (Nitro) 5.5" x2
Cattlemen .44 1873 (Nitro) 5.5" x2
Ruger .45 OA 5.5" x2
Marlin 1894CSS JM Marked
Uberti Winchester 1873 20"
Huglu 12g Coach Gun
1897 Winchester 12g
1887 Winchester 12g
1911 LBP
Sig Sauer 522 SWAT
Alpha1

#32 Post by Alpha1 »

It's all the dressing up that puts me off.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#33 Post by dromia »

You shooting naked puts me off.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
redcat
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#34 Post by redcat »

Alpha1 wrote:It's all the dressing up that puts me off.

Are you put off shooting military rifles by folks wearing camouflage gear?

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
Gazoo
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland

#35 Post by Gazoo »

Gingham
Alea Jacta Est
Alpha1

#36 Post by Alpha1 »

Alpha1 wrote:

It's all the dressing up that puts me off.

Are you put off shooting military rifles by folks wearing camouflage gear?

Redcat
We don't get many people if any turning up in camo at our shoots. The majority of our shoots are on MOD ranges there is no need to blend in on any of the firing points sensible warm clothing suffices for most of our members. I have no desire to dress up as a Cowboy but what ever floats your boat. Not my cup of tea.
Rab

#37 Post by Rab »

I've been invited to a few CAS shoots in the US and I have to say that they are extremely good fun. As for the dressing up, I don't see it as being any different from say military reenactors. The majority of the CAS people go to great lengths to be historically correct in dress, firearms and ammunition.
qws

#38 Post by qws »

Rab wrote:I've been invited to a few CAS shoots in the US and I have to say that they are extremely good fun. As for the dressing up, I don't see it as being any different from say military reenactors. The majority of the CAS people go to great lengths to be historically correct in dress, firearms and ammunition.
In the end new members are not required to turn up in full western dress. I have just started and the only thing I have bought is a waistcoat. It just so happened I had a real Stetson that I have used as my summer hat when on holiday.

So forget the dressing up at first. Just come along and enjoy firing the 3 guns over 6-7 Stages that are timed. So it is a challenge, needs accuracy and speed
Ruger .45 OA 5.5" x2
Marlin 1894CSS JM Marked
Huglu 12g Coach Gun
1897 Winchester 12g
1887 Winchester 12g
1911 LBP
Sig Sauer 522 SWAT
Rab

#39 Post by Rab »

qws wrote:
Rab wrote:I've been invited to a few CAS shoots in the US and I have to say that they are extremely good fun. As for the dressing up, I don't see it as being any different from say military reenactors. The majority of the CAS people go to great lengths to be historically correct in dress, firearms and ammunition.
In the end new members are not required to turn up in full western dress. I have just started and the only thing I have bought is a waistcoat. It just so happened I had a real Stetson that I have used as my summer hat when on holiday.

So forget the dressing up at first. Just come along and enjoy firing the 3 guns over 6-7 Stages that are timed. So it is a challenge, needs accuracy and speed
qws, please don't think I was saying that folks have to get dressed up to attend. I was just pointing out that it's good fun and the people who have been doing it for a long time and while having fun with it, try to be historically correct in what they wear and shoot. I certainly wasn't dress for the occasions I had a go at it though I did wear a Stetson at the time.
qws

#40 Post by qws »

Rab wrote:
qws wrote:

qws, please don't think I was saying that folks have to get dressed up to attend. I was just pointing out that it's good fun and the people who have been doing it for a long time and while having fun with it, try to be historically correct in what they wear and shoot. I certainly wasn't dress for the occasions I
had a go at it though I did wear a Stetson at the time.
I know what you mean, I was trying to let the other know that "dressing up" is simple: Jean, shirt, waistcoat if you can and a hat. It what a lot of use usually wear in off time. So the principle is do not worry about what you look like just come a fire some guns and have fun. Plus enjoy the company of fellow shooters.
Ruger .45 OA 5.5" x2
Marlin 1894CSS JM Marked
Huglu 12g Coach Gun
1897 Winchester 12g
1887 Winchester 12g
1911 LBP
Sig Sauer 522 SWAT