Cowboy Action Shooting - Sub Section on Forum

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Cowboy Action Shooting - Sub Section on Forum

#11 Post by dromia »

Innovative could be be one way of describing his trying to cross breed guinea pigs with wire haired dachshunds.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#12 Post by saddler »

And black leather "Ar- Jim-Lad Pieces of eight" eye patches can only be supplied to Rozzers
Ovenpaa

#13 Post by Ovenpaa »

I am not a CAS shooter however I do enjoy shooting under lever and we do our best to put some rounds down range at least once a week with the Vikings .357's normally whilst testing something else. Unfortunately my own under levers are 30-30 and 30-357 so not eligible for CAS
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
qws
Home club or Range: BWSS Member, North Cotes Butts

#14 Post by qws »

Your home range is north Cotes, why not come down for the 30th Jan - You can borrow my Marlin CSS .357 and have a go ?
Remington .44 1858 (Nitro) 5.5" x2
Cattlemen .44 1873 (Nitro) 5.5" x2
Ruger .45 OA 5.5" x2
Marlin 1894CSS JM Marked
Uberti Winchester 1873 20"
Huglu 12g Coach Gun
1897 Winchester 12g
1887 Winchester 12g
1911 LBP
Sig Sauer 522 SWAT
Ovenpaa

#15 Post by Ovenpaa »

Done, as long as life does not get in the way I will pop across and have a look. I think my next comp is plates on the 17th at the same location however I may well have to borrow a rifle I do shoot as the Vikings Remlin is not going to cut it when it comes to the BWSS rules and her Marlin is sporting a 'scope at present.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
qws

#16 Post by qws »

ovenpaa wrote:Done, as long as life does not get in the way I will pop across and have a look. I think my next comp is plates on the 17th at the same location however I may well have to borrow a rifle I do shoot as the Vikings Remlin is not going to cut it when it comes to the BWSS rules and her Marlin is sporting a 'scope at present.
No problem, you can use the Marlin (JM) do you have shotgun and pistols (BP or Nitro) ? I only have one pistol at the moment waiting on Derek from Anvil to make the second. Look forward to meeting if all works out.
Ruger .45 OA 5.5" x2
Marlin 1894CSS JM Marked
Huglu 12g Coach Gun
1897 Winchester 12g
1887 Winchester 12g
1911 LBP
Sig Sauer 522 SWAT
Ovenpaa

#17 Post by Ovenpaa »

Only S1 pistol I have here is a .44 Rogers and Spencer and I assume a Mossie 500 is frowned upon? It is unfortunate the Vikings Remlin cannot be used as it is super slick and the most accurate .357 I have ever shot, unfortunately it has a Williams on the back and an adjustable single post on the front.

EDIT - I will probably just head over to have a look and wave hello. I wish I had kept my mountain man beard now :D
/d

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#18 Post by Christel »

dromia wrote:Innovative could be be one way of describing his trying to cross breed guinea pigs with wire haired dachshunds.
lol Why do I believe that lol
qws

#19 Post by qws »

ovenpaa wrote:Only S1 pistol I have here is a .44 Rogers and Spencer and I assume a Mossie 500 is frowned upon? It is unfortunate the Vikings Remlin cannot be used as it is super slick and the most accurate .357 I have ever shot, unfortunately it has a Williams on the back and an adjustable single post on the front.

EDIT - I will probably just head over to have a look and wave hello. I wish I had kept my mountain man beard now :D
No problem - Hope to see you and say Hello. I have a small issue with my Sig P226, I will bring it with me and see if you have a solution ?

All the best - Richard
Ruger .45 OA 5.5" x2
Marlin 1894CSS JM Marked
Huglu 12g Coach Gun
1897 Winchester 12g
1887 Winchester 12g
1911 LBP
Sig Sauer 522 SWAT
Sim G

#20 Post by Sim G »

christel wrote: What can I say, the forum would be worse off without you ;)
:oops: ;)
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!