Cowboy Action Shoot - My First - A Great Weekend

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
qws
Home club or Range: BWSS Member, North Cotes Butts

Cowboy Action Shoot - My First - A Great Weekend

#1 Post by qws »

I thought a few forum members may be interested in the BWSS competition shoot over this last weekend at North Cotes Butts. It was my go at being a "Cowboy" along with 16 other on the Saturday and 14 on the Sunday. We all took part in a 6 stage comp shooting Revolver, Rifle and Shot Gun. We also had some using 1911 Semi in the Wild bunch competition this using the GSG 1911, Underlever Rifle and Pump Shotgun. Everyone had a very good time the welcome for a first timer was fantastic. Everyone was their to help me had I had any problems, they even loaned me equipment and spare guns so I could fully take part in the comp.

We had a surprise visit by Christal and Ovenpa, who took a few photo's - So it would be good to see what Christal caught on camera.

If you have not tried this yet come along to the next meeting on Feb 20th at Burgh Le Marsh at the Lincolnshire Shooting Centre. This is an indoor range so the little wind and rain we had will not be a problem.

If you want more info you are welcome to PM me.

Will send next report after the next shoot.

Richard (QWS) aka :BWSS (Lefty)
Remington .44 1858 (Nitro) 5.5" x2
Cattlemen .44 1873 (Nitro) 5.5" x2
Ruger .45 OA 5.5" x2
Marlin 1894CSS JM Marked
Uberti Winchester 1873 20"
Huglu 12g Coach Gun
1897 Winchester 12g
1887 Winchester 12g
1911 LBP
Sig Sauer 522 SWAT
Ovenpaa

Re: Cowboy Action Shoot - My First - A Great Weekend

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

It was good to head over, say hello and have a look and tied in nicely with our morning. Quite fascinating to talk to some of the competitors and see what sort of modifications and improvements they are running. It looks like great fun and not so different to the competitions we shoot at NCB.

It was only the Viking with the camera as I seldom pick the thing up, she is taking pictures for the North Coates Club web site at the moment so is wandering around snapping away so no pictures of her on this occasion.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal