Park Street Guns.

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Paul-Andrzej

Park Street Guns.

#1 Post by Paul-Andrzej »

Bob, Stephen and Geoff have all been very helpful with my recent predicament. I cannot thank them enough. Such excellent support when I needed it most.
Paul-Andrzej

I'm not happy, but I'm not unhappy about it. Alan Bennett.
Christel
Site Admin

Re: Park Street Guns.

#2 Post by Christel »

Cherokee, could you list the details of the gun shop, please?
Polchraine

#3 Post by Polchraine »

They are tucked away in Park Street - which is actually a village just south of St Albans. Quite a friendly shop - I would often call in on them when I visited a customer just over the road from them.

Park Street Guns
1-2 Park Street Lane
Park Street
St Albans
Herts, AL2 2NE

http://www.gunshot.co.uk/index.php

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Paul-Andrzej

#4 Post by Paul-Andrzej »

My apologies to Christel for not noticing her request to me about Park Street Guns. Thanks to Polchraine for helping.

Not wishing to make PSG blush but I have to say some more about them. During my recent troubles with the burglary and all that, I bought a used Caesar Guerini Maxum in superb condition. However, it turned out that the gun was faulty and the seller (to PSG) had not identified the problem.

After much too-ing and fro-ing, last Saturday I had had enough (the trigger set up kept failing to cock the second barrel) and took it back again.

Bob had already said that he would sort it out again or even take the gun back and provide me with an alternative. However, being now suspicious of all used guns (having been let down twice) I said that he could order me a new one and I would pay the difference (around £1,000).

This was agreed and I left the used one with him. Got a call yesterday to say that he had spoken with the Guerini suppliers and they siad that they would replace the used one with a new one for no cost and send the used one back to the factory for examination.

There was one caveat and that was that the used one's stock and fore-end would be set to the new gun. So, whilst the wood (which is brilliant) is the same the whole of the rest of the gun, inc chokes, will be new and under warranty.

The "new" gun should be with for the coming weekend.

What a deal! A hearty round of applause for PSG and Guerini, I think! :) :P
Paul-Andrzej

Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

Cherokee wrote:What a deal! A hearty round of applause for PSG and Guerini, I think! :) :P
Amazing deal I think, well done to all involved, this is the sort of action that makes you want to keep going back to the same Gunshop.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Polchraine

#6 Post by Polchraine »

ovenpaa wrote:
Cherokee wrote:What a deal! A hearty round of applause for PSG and Guerini, I think! :) :P
Amazing deal I think, well done to all involved, this is the sort of action that makes you want to keep going back to the same Gunshop.
They are not that far down from you - always worth calling in. Never pressured into buying when in there and I always felt "at home" when I used to visit.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Paul-Andrzej

#7 Post by Paul-Andrzej »

The replacement Maxum 30 inch sporter arrived at PSG today. I went to collect it and what did I find............................?

A complete brand new gun! Superb wood as well. It's like Birthday and Christmas all at once!

In all my 60 years I have never seen anything like this, ever.

After a quick look at GT, I see I have a brand new Maxum costing around £3,300 for £2,100.

Now got to mow the lawns but will do with a spring in my step. :) :D :shock:
Paul-Andrzej

Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

Just amazing service. It is heart warming to know that people like this still exist.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Paul-Andrzej

#9 Post by Paul-Andrzej »

EGG ON FACE (for Caesar Guerini).

The brand new gun had a manufacturing fault!! I didn't even put a cartridge through it. I could see just by dry firing (with snap caps) that the barrel selector would not move completely to the left to set bottom barrel first.

Therefore, when trigger pulled, no immediate response. Second pull fired one barrel and third pull fired the other one. Don't know which went first.

It's gone back to the importers. Whether it will be a replacement or repair, I do not know at the moment. Luckily, I am looking on the humourous side of it all.

:wave:
Paul-Andrzej

Paul-Andrzej

#10 Post by Paul-Andrzej »

Collected the fixed new gun yesterday. It seems alright on dry firing but its a bit wet around here to go and shoot it.

What I find strange is that they sent out a new gun with a malfunction. Word is that a manufacturer can't check all the guns they make..........................................?

Next week there's a Guerini demonstration day at the A1 (I will check the date tonight and advise) and I may just ask the question.

:D :squirrel:
Paul-Andrzej