This was 25m indoors with it
IMG_2558.JPG
Finally for giggles:
IMG_2557.JPG
Itskeith
Home club or Range: Home club

Re: Hi from devon

#22 Post by Itskeith »

I know this is a bit of an old thread, but thought I would say Hi.

I’m just waiting for a completion date, busy packing boxes and should be with you in Devon in a few weeks time 😊

Adam – many thanks for the Budleigh Farm thumbs up. Good to know as it is well within travelling distance...

If anyone knows of a good Opticians with shooting experience in Devon / Exeter, please can you let me know as I’ll definitely be needing the services of one!

Cheers.
Keith
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#23 Post by Geek »

Hello and welcome :wave:
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
paul mercer
Home club or Range: Tavistock Miniature rifle club

#24 Post by paul mercer »

RobB wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:54 am Hi Adam

I'm about to move down to Devon and was thinking of joining Budleigh Farm. :)

Welcome to the forum

Sent from my boing using "An application"
Hi RobB
Whereabouts in Devon are you moving to?
Budleigh farm is a great club that caters for all sorts of shooting - including black powder pistol. It runs several competitions over the year for .22 and hosts two Steel Challenge competitions a year as well, I often go there as it makes a change from our usual short range we have in Tavistock to be able to shoot at 50 and 100 yds
Itskeith

#25 Post by Itskeith »

Hi Paul,

Just moved to Devon. Have sent you a pm about hopefully being a sponsor for me at Budleigh.

Just in case you haven't logged in or seen it yet, I thought I'd drop this message in here also.

Best wishes and Merry Christmas.
Keith
paul mercer

#26 Post by paul mercer »

Hi Itskeith,
Thanks for your message I have been away over the Christmas period and have only just got your message. I tried to reply on the private message bit but it would not let me in, why I don't know.
I am not a member of the Budleigh farm club at the moment so the best thing to do would be to go there and introduce yourself to Bruce who runs the place, you can shoot there without being an actual member, but he may want to see you shoot first just to make sure all the safety stuff is in place .
You haven't said where you are based in Devon, have you managed to sort out any local clubs yet? Also what type of shooting do you do i.e. prone, LSR air rifle etc?
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#27 Post by bradaz11 »

paul mercer wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:22 am Hi Itskeith,
Thanks for your message I have been away over the Christmas period and have only just got your message. I tried to reply on the private message bit but it would not let me in, why I don't know.
I am not a member of the Budleigh farm club at the moment so the best thing to do would be to go there and introduce yourself to Bruce who runs the place, you can shoot there without being an actual member, but he may want to see you shoot first just to make sure all the safety stuff is in place .
You haven't said where you are based in Devon, have you managed to sort out any local clubs yet? Also what type of shooting do you do i.e. prone, LSR air rifle etc?
it's because you aren't a full user yet, you need more meaningful posts, then your account gets unlocked and you can pm. it's to stop people joining and spamming the PM function.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#28 Post by dromia »

What he said.

You agreed to read and understand the forum rules and conventions 'pon joining, seems that you have yet to fulfil that agreement.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Itskeith

#29 Post by Itskeith »

paul mercer wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:22 am Hi Itskeith,
Hi Paul and thanks for the reply / info.

Already met Bruce.
I don't shoot anything yet, but am wanting to start with prone .22LR and see where it goes.
I can't shoot without being a member as I don't have an FAC or any equipment ... hence needing a sponsor / go through probation etc.
Have asked for my details to be passed round and offer to pay for coaching but no luck!
Budleigh is my local club.
Got 2 other enquiries in with two other clubs now ...so ... fingerscrossed

Cheers
Keith
paul mercer

#30 Post by paul mercer »

dromia wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:19 am What he said.

You agreed to read and understand the forum rules and conventions 'pon joining, seems that you have yet to fulfil that agreement.
Thanks for that, you're right I should have read it properly.