Jobs at NRA?

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
Dangermouse

Re: Jobs at NRA?

#11 Post by Dangermouse »

Of the jobs that I have seen advertised I am surprised that they get anyone of any calibre what so ever - I would not be surprised if the office staff told me that they would get paid more money if they worked permanently in the butts!

As a NRA member I have no problems with anyone at the NSC earning comparable wages to anywhere else in the area. I do not consider a £50,000 annual salary to be high for a 40 hour week and see it as a suitable wage for a manager,

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#12 Post by Ovenpaa »

Given the London area housing prices alone I would agree with DM.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#13 Post by Christel »

Yeah just what I was thinking, if you want competent people working for you, you need to pay them what they can earn elsewhere and also enough for them to pay the mortgage. Otherwise it is a non starter.
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#14 Post by HeatherW762 »

Dangermouse wrote:Of the jobs that I have seen advertised I am surprised that they get anyone of any calibre what so ever - I would not be surprised if the office staff told me that they would get paid more money if they worked permanently in the butts!

As a NRA member I have no problems with anyone at the NSC earning comparable wages to anywhere else in the area. I do not consider a £50,000 annual salary to be high for a 40 hour week and see it as a suitable wage for a manager,

DM
If I worked out my salary on an hourly rate (the actual hours I do as opposed to what I'm contracted to do) I get less than minimum wage ie butt markers!

I wish I was paid by the NSC as my salary would almost double overnight for a comparable position/responsibility but I don't, I work for a charity and get paid charity rates!

Interestingly I found a load of payslips from my days in IT in LTSB about 16 years ago and I got paid more per month then compared to now! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Still, apparently this is more fulfilling.......

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
Christel
Site Admin

#15 Post by Christel »

Oh Heather, I love your commitment and enthusiasm!!

:lol: :lol:
karen

#16 Post by karen »

I saw the ads too and feel rather undervalued as I get nowhere near that amount of money (lucky if I get half that) and Dodgyrog doesnt want to work with me :cry:

I'm guessing it has something to do with the CNC police stuff as both ads mentioned quite a bit about them but it is only a guess and I really dont know anymore than that

Love

karen
Dangermouse

#17 Post by Dangermouse »

What ever I hear about the CNC it is always positive for the NSC, in that case I totally agree with the NSC spending money on making sure that they continue to spend money at the centre.

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#18 Post by Alpha1 »

50 to 60 Thousand pounds a year is not a excessive salary for those type of positions.
If you want the best people you have to pay the going rate.
Pay peanuts and you get monkeys. :lol: :lol:
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#19 Post by dodgyrog »

HeatherW762 wrote:
dodgyrog wrote:
spud wrote:of this is true, where can i apply please
You wouldn't want to work with that bunch!
Thanks a bunch. Had it ever occurred that we might not want to work with you?

Heather
Not referring to the staff but to the Trustees. Don't get your panties in a bunch! :lol:
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
karen

#20 Post by karen »

Alpha1 wrote: Pay peanuts and you get monkeys. :lol: :lol:
No you get people who are committed to their sport and get taken advantage of!

At the moment I am not a happy monkey at all!

Karen