Bl**dy H*ll

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
John25

Re: Bl**dy H*ll

#11 Post by John25 »

Steve,

Ammo prices are never going to go down. I couldn't believe how much it went up between shipments here at Bisley!

Buy components in as much bulk as you can (House insurance fussy FEO to be considered) and reload.

Be warned - it's addictive!
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
nightstalker

#12 Post by nightstalker »

Does anyone know where Prvi Partizan ammo (.223) can be bought in the Beds, Cambs, Herts areas?
Desperately need to lower cost of shooting for a while and havn't got into reloading yet, for my sins :)
Hope someone has an idea. thanks
Ovenpaa

#13 Post by Ovenpaa »

PPU - you could try FRS at Warboys, you should get 10% off the listed price if you are a club member of something, I can help you with that if stuck. You could also speak to Chris at Ammo-Zone in Herts. He only has 5,56x45 @GBP78/200 listed at present but usually has other stuff as well and finally Peter Lawman in Northampton is usually good.

Welcome to the forum.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Ovenpaa

#14 Post by Ovenpaa »

If you do decide to reload FRS usually has a load of .223 once shot brass for sale and a Lee press and dies would get you reloading very quickly and cheaply.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#15 Post by Mike357 »

303 Privi from Kranks is just nudging over £70 per 100. It has doubled in price in just over a year. WTF?
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Steve

#16 Post by Steve »

How true this is i dont know,but i was told there is a shipping container sitting in Greece full of 303 ammunition waiting for a buyer.Problem is no one can afford to raise that sort of money!
Do or not do-there is no try.
Master Yoda
Dougan

#17 Post by Dougan »

Steve wrote:How true this is i dont know,but i was told there is a shipping container sitting in Greece full of 303 ammunition waiting for a buyer.Problem is no one can afford to raise that sort of money!
If that's HXP, I've heard it's good.

As for Privi - That's all I used for years in .303 (glad I kept the cases now :) ) - I few times (especially when it was cheap) I found that instead of the usual 'PPU' head stamp, it had 'nny' ... I did some comparison tests with the proper PPU, and it wasn't very good...
Alpha1

#18 Post by Alpha1 »

I all ways re load my own 303 they can charge what they like.
I bought a boat load of bullits when they were a reasonable price. I have 1000s of primers and lots of tubs of N140. When I run out of components I will start worrying about the price of ammo.
:flag13: :lol: